What is the Best Show or Movie to Stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graybush

Estimable
Hey there Community!

There is so much content to consume that sometimes we have to take advice on what to watch. Even with Streaming Guides for Netflix and Amazon available, the chances of spiraling into hours of searching for the right show/movie seem inevitable..

giphy.gif
So, we want to hear about your favorite shows and movies to stream! Do you have a favorite genre? Which show or movie do you think is worth re-watching? What do you do about spoilers!? We want to know!

Graybush

Estimable
Personally, I just finished watching Lost in Space over the weekend and I thought it was quite good. I thought that the writing could've used some work (as it stepped into some very common suspense/dues ex machina tactics) but as a new vision to the original Lost in Space I think it did really well.

James Mason

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
The Man in the High Castle on Amazon is pretty good.
Netflix has a ton of Korean shows that you can use to expand your horizons. I really like Chef and My Fridge which is a cooking competition using ingredients from the home fridges of Korean celebrities that is just a really fascinating format of a show.

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
DARK on Netflix. If you've ever seen Donnie Darko this is basically what a TV version would be like, if it was also german. Word of warning since time travel is involved that means the cast is huge as nearly every character has child, teen, adult actor playing them.

USAFRet

Illustrious

I just binged a lot of that today, while working and waiting for the tractor repair guy.
Yes...quite good.

My daughter recommended My Crazy Ex Girlfriend (Netflix). And it was damn funny.

D

Deleted member 217926

Lost in Space just kind of fell apart mid season to me. It had potential but the writing was terrible.

I just binged the second season of Travelers, Mindhunters and Seven Seconds. Netflix has some great shows. Can't wait to see how Season 3 of The Crown will hold up. Also waiting on the next season of Orange is the New Black.

Graybush

Estimable

If you can, I suggest sticking it out to the end. There's a good setup for another season, and if you're already part way through, you might as well finish it for the spoilers.

Honestly, I actually skipped the first few episodes due to the anxiety-inducing writing in them.

D

Deleted member 217926

Heh, I skipped the last few due to just not caring anymore. :lol:

Graybush

Estimable

I'm not gonna lie, I needed a cleanser after Lost in Space so I sat down to watch Aggretsuko. I thought it was going to be another Hello Kitty spin-off, but I was pleasantly surprised! It definitely nailed the concept of an aspect of young adult career work while in Japan.

So far Washimi and Gori are my favorite and I hope they get their own mini-series.

lfba65

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
I tend to like SciFI. I just finished season 1 of Lost in Space. I enjoyed it , but fear I will have forgotten about it by time season 2 comes out. Previous to that I watch Andromeda on Amazon Prime.
Also previously watched The 100, kind of binged on it, It has just recently come back on.
Now I have to find something else to watch starting tonight.

Graybush

Estimable

If you want a recommendation, I found 'Big Dreams, Small Spaces' with Monty Don was a really good one. Gave me lots of good ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.