What is the better processor for gaming. Intel core processor or AMD ?

Jamierodger1

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015
Hi. Im look at 2 laptops for simple real time strategy gaming, the asus x550ze and the lenovo z50. I would like to play total war series and company of heros 2 and probs another few real time strategy games once i find games i like, but not sure what laptop is better. Any help please ?

Also. Some say the AMD processor is better than the intel core processor.

Can anyone help me out please ? Thank you !!

Solution
Intel is better with most things than AMD; AMD is more for those who are on a budget.

I would say Intel if possible, but if you are on a tight budget, as others stated above, AMD would be suffice.

Traciatim

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
If you are actually buying a gaming laptop with a dedicated graphics card then you probably want to match that up with an Intel processor. If you are buiying a cheaper laptop that you happen to play games then you probably want an AMD APU like an A10 or A8 with their upper level on board graphics.

Saberhunt

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015
The Asus X550ZE is looking like the better choice to me at the moment, though it is the more expensive one. If your budget can manage it, go for that one.

Here's a link to one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232614

As for the better processor-
When it comes to laptops, the AMD processors are generally better, as they have better integrated graphics. HOWEVER if the laptop has a fairly decent dedicated graphics card, then Intel processors are better.
Hope this helped, and don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Gamer Cat

Estimable
May 11, 2015
Intel is better with most things than AMD; AMD is more for those who are on a budget.

I would say Intel if possible, but if you are on a tight budget, as others stated above, AMD would be suffice.

Solution

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
The actual CPU and GPU of the laptops you're looking at would be helpful, because there are multiple submodels of the one's you listed. If they have no dedicated GPU, there is no argument, AMD wins.
A8-6410/7410, A10-7300, A10-7400P > HD4000, HD4600, HD5500.
If it's a dedicated GPU, I would say go with Intel/Nvidia even if the AMD/AMD is slightly more powerful for shear lack of headaches from AMD's dual graphics drivers.