my zotac en970 mini pc wont power up anymore and it just shut down while browsing with google. then a spark came from the dc input jack and a bad smell.
unplugged and checked the adapter plugs to make sure they were in properly and when plugged back in again it sparked at the dc input on the mini pc again.
now i tested the adapter and it is fine and upon opening the bottom of mini pc case i see a couple of burnt sm caps at the input jack area and was really hot to touch where other areas were pretty cool to touch.
what do you think?
I think the port got fried, and depending on the damage, may have fried something else in the process.
The only way to fix it will be to have the damaged part(s) replaced. Then once that has been done you will need to check to see if your charger cord, or perhaps the outlet you are/were using, is in need of replacing as well.