What is the difference between the intel i3 -2350m and amd quad-core a6-3400m ap

mongoose_41

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Hello,i wm getting ready to buy my first laptop and wanted to know the difference between the intel i3-2350m, i5- 2450m, and the amd quad-core a6-3400m apu processors. which is the better? im looking at toshiba, dell and acer brands under $600. I want to get the best product for the money. Any input would be appreciated.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
the difference between them is the performance and framerates these would yeild when paired with a "decent" laptop graphix card.

Since you stated your budget ~600... this makes the APU stand tall above the rest. While it cant beat a good processor (intel i3) paired with a halfway decent graphix card - it delivers about 80% of its performance for only half the price. battery life will be much better too.

I would recommend picking up a lappy with an AMD apu.. a8 if you can afford it, a6 if not. And hunt far and wide for a lappy with an extra dedicated Amd card too. Sometimes called "switchable graphix" this lets you "crossfire" the video in the processor and the dedicated card for even better effect. I remember I picked up a laptop like that right as the APU hit the market - bout 500 I paid for it. It was a refurbish, so I dont have the link. It was able to run Modern warfare 3 on "high" settings no problem. Skyrim also ran High/Medium without issue.

Good luck :D

The dual core i3-2350m has a much stronger CPU core than than the quad core A6-3400m.

The A6-3400m graphics core is more or less equal to a Radeon HD 5550, while the Intel HD 3000 graphics core is basically equal to a DX10.1 Radeon HD 5450.

If gaming is the primary purpose, then you want the A6-3400m because of the stronger integrated graphics core. Most games are dependent on the graphics core than the CPU core.