Solved! What is the easiest app for recording phone conversations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol'Hippie

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
I am very new to cell phones so please bear with me, I have a Samsung J3 Luna Pro, and am trying to find an app that will record a phone conversation, I thought I found one but it will not work at least for me it is called Voice Recorder version 4.1 I need to be able to see the app while the phone is dialing or what? I can't figure out how to have both the phone keypad and the app open and visible at the same time.

Solution
Well if you can save it as most any audio file you can then convert it. There is a good software program (for computer not phone), and it is free, called 'format factory' that can convert most audio, video, image files and more. I find it is great help when you have a file that is in a format that is much larger in size and need to scale it down or change it to another to work in a specific program.
Voice Recorder isn't for recording phone conversations. That is more for just recording things for yourself, or conversations right where you are (say you and a group of people in a room).

You need to search for call recording apps. Personally I don't use them. Most states have laws about recording conversations without the other person knowing they are being recorded. In some it is quite illegal, so be careful and check what the laws are in yours, as well as the laws in whatever state you are recording a call to/from. This, of course, is if you are in the USA. If not, well then I would still suggest you check the laws where you are.

A quick search on Google Play brought a huge list of apps saying they can record calls. A few even saying they will do it automatically, like "Automatic Call Recorder by recorder & smart apps" and "Automatic Call Recorder by Appliqato". I just typed in... Free Call Recording

Now, granted most of them may not be free, or will contain ads, so it is up to you if you wish to put up with that. Or you can try paid ones that may not have ads.

Another route is to take/make calls through say google voice, which allows for recording your calls.

Ol'Hippie

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
Voice Recorder isn't for recording phone conversations. That is more for just recording things for yourself, or conversations right where you are (say you and a group of people in a room).

You need to search for call recording apps. Personally I don't use them. Most states have laws about recording conversations without the other person knowing they are being recorded. In some it is quite illegal, so be careful and check what the laws are in yours, as well as the laws in whatever state you are recording a call to/from. This, of course, is if you are in the USA. If not, well then I would still suggest you check the laws where you are.

A quick search on Google Play brought a huge list of apps saying they can record calls. A few even saying they will do it automatically, like "Automatic Call Recorder by recorder & smart apps" and "Automatic Call Recorder by Appliqato". I just typed in... Free Call Recording

Now, granted most of them may not be free, or will contain ads, so it is up to you if you wish to put up with that. Or you can try paid ones that may not have ads.

Another route is to take/make calls through say google voice, which allows for recording your calls.

Thank you I will keep looking, I am not concerned about any of the legal issues, I am setting up an interview with a fellow who is connected to a group of studio musicians from Los Angeles known as the Wrecking Crew and he has agreed to do an interview with me so I can put it on my radio show. Obviously the best quality is important but if it can be saved as an MP3 at least I can edit it in my Adobe Audition 3 I can clean it up and make it more presentable.

Google Voice I had not heard about I will check it out. Maybe part of the problem I am having is that I am limited by my internet connection, which is satellite. What recording I have been able to test (calling my wife on her cell phone, in the living room lol) is so lousy it's ridiculous one of the apps actually recorded pretty well except it sounded like it was being played back at 45 rpm instead of 33 1/3 know what I mean?

Well if you can save it as most any audio file you can then convert it. There is a good software program (for computer not phone), and it is free, called 'format factory' that can convert most audio, video, image files and more. I find it is great help when you have a file that is in a format that is much larger in size and need to scale it down or change it to another to work in a specific program.

Reactions: Ol'Hippie
Solution

Ol'Hippie

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
Format Factory is perfect!! I discovered an APP called Cube ACR to work on my phone, and it did a great job the convert it to an MP3 with Format Factory and I am sittin' pretty thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.