what is this model number?

MaryMattison

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016
What is the model number of the Samsung 2010 ruby red laptop? Thank you very much for your kind assistance. My laptop, which I purchased at Best Buy in Palmdale, Ca, on 4/15/2010 has been stolen. The receipt is not available and so I do not have the Serial Number. The warranty has run out, so the serial number is not available to me through Samsung. The detective I spoke to said that I can use the Model Number to help locate the stolen laptop.

Thank you again,
Mary Mattison

_Blink

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016
Unfortunately the model number is also on the laptop.

You could take a look here on retrieving it, but without some receipt you're in trouble :/

http://trendblog.net/track-stolen-laptop-without-installed-tracking-program/

_Blink

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016
The only way to get the model / serial number without the receipts would be by having the physical laptop, because from there, there are tricks you can do to get it. But now it's too late :(

You can't use the model # to find the laptop, even knowing the serial number won't help you much unless you search for it in pawnshops and places like ebay and craigslist.

The tracking link above will only work if whoever stole the laptop is going to be using your accounts on it. Unless they are stupid, the system would have been wiped and installed with a clean Windows setup.