What is wrong with my laptop?

Gorganite

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
So I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G and I have received this problem as of yesterday.

For some reason my laptop doesn't work when unplugged, like it literally just keeps restarting and beeps before force restarting. When plugged in however, I get none of these problems. I'm not too sure why it is doing this but if someone could help that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
Sounds like a battery issue. Battery must not be able to output the proper volts or amps and thus the motherboard is not getting the proper power to supply everything.

For power adapters i recommend ONLY the OEM adapter.
For batteries though you can get a third party battery, they dont last quite as long as the OEM does, but they give you 70% the life for 40-50% the cost so it is a decent trade-off. Just don't get the dirt cheapest battery you can find as these could damage your laptop.
Sounds like it could be the battery. Poor / improper current. Try swapping the battery out with a new one. Needn't be an original Acer (as they can be expensive) just something aftermarket from a reputable dealer. I got a couple of good replacements for my Toshiba @ £15 each online.

Sounds like a battery issue. Battery must not be able to output the proper volts or amps and thus the motherboard is not getting the proper power to supply everything.

For power adapters i recommend ONLY the OEM adapter.
For batteries though you can get a third party battery, they dont last quite as long as the OEM does, but they give you 70% the life for 40-50% the cost so it is a decent trade-off. Just don't get the dirt cheapest battery you can find as these could damage your laptop.

Solution