What Is Xfinity Mobile, and Is It Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentFletcher

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
...your connection will automatically transfer over to a Comcast Wi-Fi hotspot when one is in range.

Is that mandatory? Can it be turned off in settings by forgetting network from settings and then only connect to known networks or any other means? This would be reason enough for me to not get the service hotspots connect with weak connections and disrupts the LTE coverage when connecting or disconnecting. I have AT&T and every new phone or restore it connects to AT&T hotspots and it's never a good experience.

aro55

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
I'm also concerned about the automatic switching between LTE and hotspots. Does this result in dropped calls? Is there anyone with Xfinity Mobile who can address this?

aouke

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017

Calls are not made over Wi-Fi and I have never dropped a call. You can easily turn off Wi-Fi so that you use mobile data instead of wifi

kusport23

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
I would not trust xfinity mobile. I returned 2 phones in absolutely perfect conditions(were out of the box for 1 hour). They claim that one phone is damaged and will not give me a refund. Never experienced a similar situation with another company. Xfinity is a big monopoly and a SCAM. Try calling their customer service: wait time always longer than an hour and representatives are basically useless.

doooover

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
I was in high end sales and customer service for 35 years. I have never, ever had such terrible customer service in my entire life, including the government. I was placed on the phone for 1.5 hours waiting for someone to transfer my call to a supervisor AFTER already trying to purchase a phone and they had lost my order. Once connected they dropped my call and I had to wait again another 45 minutes to be told they had a tracking number. I asked for the tracking number and he said he did not have it, he had to transfer me. My call was again dropped. The agent lied to me. I finally got in touch with them again to be told they hold orders for 72 hours and they did not see any order in the system. I finally walked into an xfinity store where the supervisor of the store was rude and treated me like trash. They said they did not even have an order although I gave them a confirmation number. I decided to go to the bank and place a hold on any funds they would try to pull from my bank including my cable bill. I walked over to Verizon and got the same deal walking out of the store-new phone in hand within an hour. I stopped all Xfinity services and signed up with a new cable company. I will never give Xfinity my money again. As another review said here, they are a monopoly and think its ok to treat customers like trash because they know its hard to get broadband through any other company. Please, save yourself the stress myself and others have already gone through and skip this company.

justinh339

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
Avoid Xfinity mobile service at all costs, this service is not at all what they say it is. I have had their service for a few months now and it works well in the city, however when I travel to rural areas here in Utah ( Multiple different cities), my phone shows full bars including 3G or LTE, but you are unable to place a call or perform any other function as Verizon blocks you from their towers. When you call Xfinity regarding this issue their “customer service department” states that Xfinity wireless service is not guaranteed!!

mrmiraclemindomg

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Just to get the phone and service from them is a nightmare to work with. I don't know If I should just cancel my order now. It'll probably save me time and a headache.

Nickel_2

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Why do a lot of reviews get things wrong? Thw lowest price for xinfinity is $0.00 to $45 the $.00 per month is with no data, you just pay the taxes, that is what I have now. So $12.00 is not the lowest

antonioczar95

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
No it is not worth it. With Comcast you get the same deal as anywhere else. The phone cost the same and the bundling only benefits Comcast.

Rick441

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
Well, I don't use a lot of data, so the deal sounds pretty good to me -- essentially $12 per month + taxes & fees -- since I am already a Comcast customer and can bring my own iPhone. With Verizon, the cheapest plan I can get now is $55 when you include the $20/month line charge (which Comcast doesn't charge). I do have reservations, mainly related to the inability to make calls when driving through the (admittedly few) areas VZW doesn't cover, as there is no indication that Xfinity is roaming-capable. And yes, Xfinity CS can be awful. But such a deal...though knowing Comcast, they'll probably triple the prices within a year...

Rick441

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

That sounds pretty bad. What kind of damage were they claiming?

gkc123

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Not worth it. The "Verizon Towers" do not work the same as with Verizon service. T-Mobile blows them away in the ATL area. If you have important calls, require reliable fast data, or use your phone for business do NOT go with Xfinity Mobile. It is just not reliable, fast or worth any amount of money. I switched from T-Mobile thinking it was a good deal, sadly, this was a mistake.

Rick441

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

Can you confirm, either from past experience or talking to others, that "regular" Verizon service works much better in that area? That seems to be the implication, and one would *expect* it to be on par with T-Moblie, but I can't be sure...

Feb 10, 2018
Account was hacked and three iphones were ordered. They never credited me the cost. Finally after 2 months American Express gave me the credit. Twice they cut off my service after the fact saying there was a fraud alert after the fraud situation was resolved. Then my voice mail stopped working. They sent a new SIM card they said would fix the problem which they could not activate.Put in the old card. Phone works, no voice mail, and my account page says I am not a customer yet.. I thought the price was real good but remember folks, you get what you pay for. STAY AWAY!!!!

gkc123

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
So I was looking into the matter more regarding the alleged use of Verizon towers and the comparison of T-Mobile service in the ATL area. Results from what I found; the Note 8 I have has a Sprint model number! Much different than VZW model number for same device.
Open signal TRUE speed test side by side comparison with a T-Mobile device of same model results:
Xfinity = 25 mbps down and 1.12 upload
T-Mobile = 164 mbps down and 37.76 upload
Something is terribly fishy, a Sprint device one would expect the results above.
Perhaps if it were a Verizon model results would be better? This leads me to conclude they are NOT using VZW towers and the service is no where near the same as VZW. I am thinking this is a Sprint tower share.
T-Mobile is obviously superior and cost comparable. I am not fond of the "Jump" deal with T-Mobile but at least you do have good service.

May 12, 2018
I enquired about this service, and was underwhelmed. I watch CNBC on the go, and as a Comcast Xfinity X1 subscriber, I wanted to use the Xfinity Stream app to stream CNBC live on my phone. The people from Xfinity mobile told me that the data used for streaming Xfinity TV on Xfinity mobile would be part of the 20GB throttling limit.

I have been a T-Mobile customer for years. They have something called Binge On. I simply switched my TV service to DirectTV Now. I can watch as much I as I want on phone without the need for Wifi, and the speed is great. Xfinity Stream on a Wifi connection at work was choppy and laggy and the app would stop working. When I called Xfinity support about that, they would give me temporary workarounds after I waited on them on the phone for over 30 minutes after markets were closed - they refused to let me know whether their development team was looking into the issue.

Xfinity doesn't care about customers, and in interviews on CNBC, you see their top management gloat that they are not threatened by streaming services because their customers need high speed internet, and point out that they have a monopoly on that market in large parts of the country. Arrogant people !!

Apr 6, 2018
The GOODS (better than them all):

$12-15 1G month plan.
Unlimited call/text domestic.
YES International Roaming, reasonable rates.
WIFI Calling, WHEN it works, not guaranteed.

The BLEEW (like all others)

The rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.