What kind of charger do I need for the Samsung NC10 netbook?

DudeInAGoodMood

Honorable
May 25, 2013
Ok, here's the whole deal. I got this netbook on eBay for some silly sum and I'd love to make it work, but I don't have a charger for it and I'm not sure what to look for. I should point out right away that it came to me charger and I'm sure it works. I can still turn it on, this battery seems ridiculously good. Normally, I'd get a universal charger, but the seller at this chain store today told me on the phone that those tend to be incompatible with some netbooks and that I should probably visit a store.

Alright, so I go to the only store in this small town I'm living at currently and they have just one charger and the seller is clearly as clueless as me as to what to do. Apparently, he set the right amperage and voltage, but it wouldn't charge. When it was plugged in, netbook gave absolutely no signs of any change whatsoever. I figure there's a good chance that the seller messed something up, but then again, it could be broken charging port, right? Here are some pics I took off it when I disassembled it, if someone can tell me something, I'd appreciate it.

So, being clueless as I am, I'm looking for some advice as to what I should do next? Should I go to a couple of more stores out of town or is there something simpler I can try? On the back of the netbook it says it requires 2.1A, 19 V and 40W. What kinda charger do I need to look for? Any sort of guidance would be very appreciated.

You should only go with OEM for chargers (or at minimum the actual OEM of the adapter like Delta or Lite-On).
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Replacement-Adapter-Series-NP900X3A/dp/B00D0EFGGG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0H6FVNEXHYFCD899Y4RB

"Universal" power supplies try to split the difference on outputs between models and often wont truly have the right volt/amp/watt output.
"Replacement" power supplies are generally made as cheaply as possible (with no regard to what damage they may cause your laptop or battery) because people are looking for reasonable priced adapter then the $150 you will be quoted calling the OEM directly. I have had many laptops come into me for repair, but unfortunately the cheapo power adapter fried the motherboard which is too costly of a repair on most laptops.
You can generally always find a genuine OEM adapter online for a semi-reasonable price. Yours is actually higher then normal as most are in the $20-30 range.