What kind of IPS pannels does Sager/Clevo use?

kenshindono

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004
I'm looking at picking up a Sager np8651.
http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8651.html

They offer an IPS pannel upgrade for $45 which seems cheap. I dont see any data on it. Does anyone know what type of pannels these guys use? This will be primarily for gaming so if it has high input lag and motion blur i wouldn't want it. Im also cuious what quality their TN pannels are. I.E. what % NTSC they are 72%? In the 90s maybe?

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
There is a Chi Mei 72% in my brother's clevo p150sm-a , which is pretty poor. I was also told they use an AUO 95%. I believe the rep said they use Samsungs for their IPS's. Not sure which one or the quality though, or if he was talking out of his rear.

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Eww, that's the same one that came in wife's Acer. Not cool. You might be better off buying one and replacing the screen yourself. Maybe they can send you one without a screen, haha. I purchased a 1080p IPS from laptopscreen.com for $60 for the aforementioned Acer. It was an AUO unit with a new adapter. Not endorsing them, just where I found the best price and they promised me it would be a 95% gamut unit. They seem to range from $53-90 on there.

kenshindono

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004
Well i need to try to find out what IPS they use i guess. Because yea that monitor kinda sucks. Someone on another forum actually said its this one
http://www.panelook.com/B156HTN03.6_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_23699.html

which is even WORSE. They still make 45%NTSC monitors??

Actually Xotic pc lists that its an LG pannel... which i think are decent aren't they? But i really need to find out what the MS response time is and what kinda motion blur it has. I think LG pannels are kinda high in their MS rating and motion blur makes me nauseous.. tried calling xotic but they said theyd have to check and let me know. I'll try calling LPC-Digitial and see if they have more info

if anyone here knows what LG model they use in the np8651 id love to know. i wanted to try to order this tonight or tomorow