Asus G752-DH72 VS selected Sager/Clevo laptops w/G-Sync,purchase based on data gathered via Human Benchmark Reaction Time Test

G

Hi all,

So I'm choosing between the Asus G752-DH72 VS certain Sager/Clevo laptops with G-Sync

I will list the Sager/Clevo laptop models later

I will explain my objectives in a bit, but I will explain what I've been doing, when it comes to laptop selection. This explanation will justify my *small request* to gather data later.

So basically, I've tested the Asus G752-DH72 via the Human Benchmark Reaction Time Test, and I've had THE best results, compared to a variety of gaming laptops that I've tested.

Scored 150ms once. And the rest went from approx 200-240ms average. Of course, it was on Windows 10.

(I've already tested the Acer Predator model that was priced a bit over 2K, and I scored 400ms via the Reaction Time Test. And all the MSI models from GT72/GT62/GL62/GT80 gave me 280ms average. Whereas the GP72 gave me 260ms average. All tested at a computer store where they had a number of demos. But no Sager to try :( )

(I know my basics when it comes to response time, input lag, TN VS IPS, refresh rate, FPS, etc. These factors and combining them to perfection doesn't concern me anymore. I just think G-Sync with the laptop's input lag, makes the whole difference. Just my unconfirmed opinion. The best I can do now is compare laptops against each other via Human Benchmark Reaction Time Test)

So despite testing various laptops with a TN panel and NVIDIA Optimus installed. I had THE best results on the G752-DH72, despite having an IPS panel @75HZ with G-Sync. (One would think TN panels would give the BEST response time and would help with our reflexes...)

I WOULD buy the Asus G752-DH72 in a heartbeat, however....I am held back, by the possibility that the inaccessible Sager/Clevo laptops....might do better.

****So my objective is to look for a gaming laptop, that has THE BEST combination of input lag, response time, etc etc with G-Sync. And I've restricted my choice down the Asus and a list of Sager/Clevo laptops which I will list at the end.

My selection will be determined by the results of what people get via the Human Benchmark Reaction Time test. I REFUSE to buy ANY laptop with NVIDIA Optimus for gaming.

I just have no other simpler way of determining what is a good "gaming laptop" that fits my definition of "very low response time and input lag." I will be using this for playing certain shmups and perhaps other games that require ridiculously insane reflexes.

===========
-----------------
============

****So here comes my request: Are there any owners of the list of Sager/Clevo laptops (which I will list in a moment) with G-Sync with 75HZ monitor refresh rate who would be willing to post their average or top 5 results obtained via the Human Benchmark Reaction Time Test? (I would also like to know which OS you're using also as you post your results)

(Any laptop owners who use G-Sync @ 75HZ, and have results that exceed 240ms are more than welcome to jump in, especially if they don't own a Sager)

I want to use these results against what I have obtained via the Asus. And that will determine what I might purchase from there

So here are the Sager/Clevo models I'm interested in. (I personally prefer the 15.6" models for their mobility, but if I have to do 17.3 due to better results, so be it)

15.6" models all with G-Sync:

NP8658-S / P650RG
NP8658 / P650RG

NP7256 / N155RD1

NP9758 / P750DM

17.3 models, all with G-Sync:

NP8677 / P670RE3
NP8677-S / P670RE3

NP9775 / P770DM

NP9870

NP8678-S / P670-RG

NP8678 / P670-RG

Thank you for reading!

Solution
Don't get me wrong, if we were talking ping, 100 or 200 ms is a very big deal. Point I was trying to make is that everyone has to contend with hardware latency and wouldn't base my purchase of a laptop on this characteristic alone. Features, price, and quality would be higher priorities, IMO.
G

Good point

I just had no other methods or solution on choosing or knowing which laptop's suitable due to the unavailability of the Sager/Clevo laptops in my area for testing

So my thread here is a gamble, and I will *assume* people with gaming laptops have faster reflexes (than the average person), and would hope they'll post here

I don't play any FPS to be honest, but am more into vertical scrolling shooters/ shmups

And when I was playing from old PCs to new ones....there was a HUGE difference in performance, that much I can tell you.

I tried the reaction time test on 1 or 2 of the older systems. I get between 300-400ms average

The more recent systems hit around 250ms average. Just that Asus G752 gaming laptop exceeded my expectations

My older systems...they really had huge input lag, I couldn't believe the difference in my performance after playing on more modern systems.

So to answer your question. 100ms or 200ms alone? no big deal, but adding that to another 100-200ms (making it 300-400ms), very big deal to me, after all these experiences

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
Don't get me wrong, if we were talking ping, 100 or 200 ms is a very big deal. Point I was trying to make is that everyone has to contend with hardware latency and wouldn't base my purchase of a laptop on this characteristic alone. Features, price, and quality would be higher priorities, IMO.

Solution