Dice Rollen

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
I'm a Youtuber who's content is 50% gaming. I'm currently using an HP G62 Notebook that I got in late 2009(I believe). It's dying & really can't hold up to what I need from it.

1. What is your budget?
As close to $1,000 as possible. $2,000 would definitely be pushing my limit.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15-18 inches.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
No less than 1080p.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
A mix of both would be good. I plan on using it mostly at my desk but to be able to pick it up & take it where ever I need it would be a plus.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Battery life isn't a huge concern as I'll be using it mostly where I can plug it in. But no less than 3 hours would be nice.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
Absolutely. Games like World of Warcraft, Outlast, GTA 5,& other semi-demanding games as well as multiplayer games are what I'll be playing on it. I don't mind so much if I have to play them on medium settings but I don't want lagging or any other major performance issues.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
While I play a majority of these games I will be recording them(with Fraps most likely). There will be times where I will want to play a game while recording it & talking with friends on Skype or Team Speak. I will also be editing videos & even adding special effects with Sony Vegas & Adobe After Effects, etc. I would also like to livestream & would likely be playing a game while doing such.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would like 1T+ but I could work with a little less than that just not much less.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I don't have a specific site I would be willing to buy from, Amazon is usually where I look though.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible. But at least 3-5 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
A dvd/cd-rom drive that can write would be preferred. Bluray would be a bonus but isn't necessary.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've looked into MSI & Asus, Asus seems good but I'm not entirely familiar with most brands so I don't really have much of a preference as long as it's what I need.

13. What country do you live in?
The United States.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The laptop I'm currently using is the only laptop I've ever owned. I just need a laptop to work with while I work on building a proper monster of a desktop on the side. And I can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on a laptop or be forced to buy another one in just a couple years.

Eldy

Estimable
Jun 5, 2015
If you can still preform the basic tasks that you need to do, i just suggest sticking with the laptop you have at the moment (i know it sounds like a bad idea, but it will be better in the long run) and put the money for the laptop into the desktop. This will prove to be a long term solution, but only if you can put up with the machine you already have until then.

Dice Rollen

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015

I understand what you're saying & I know it's a much better idea to invest in a good desktop but I need even just a bandaid solution right now. The laptop I have is dying, it gets slower every day. I can only play & record rpg games that I'm honestly really not that into. And it's hurting the progress of my channel. I can only record just the game for 2 minute parts. And it has a habit of freezing when I try to save what I've recorded forcing me to restart it & lose all unsaved progress. I'm barely getting by with this laptop, it needs to be replaced I just need some help in investing in a good laptop. I'm not expecting anything mind blowing.

So what I really need are some suggestions for a laptop that would fit what I need.

Eldy

Estimable
Jun 5, 2015
Check out this laptop, ASUS N56JN-EB71, It should be able to do everything you need it to do (it will be a big upgrade either way) and it comes at a fairly reasonable price. It is rated the best laptop for under $800