What laptop gpu can run crysis 3 on ultra with 60fps

cm0scm0s

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Hey , so i have been looking around and researching before i buy a laptop.

I have have read that no single desktop gpu card will run Crysis 3 at 1080p with max settings and max Anti-Alias.

But i wan't to get a beastlike gaming laptop and i want it to be able to play Crysis 3 at those settings.

Running a i7 4810mq , i was wondering which of the following cards can actually pull off 60 fps solid with max AA and ultra settings if any:

970m SLI
880m SLI
980m SLI

Best regards

PS: i have looked everywhere for reliable benchmarks with 970m's or others but they never put on the AA

Solution
Doesn't it matter more if you can get to the best visuals you can notice while having smooth game play? Everything is a compromise. If you turn up to 8x SSAA, you may have good static images, and if you stare at it long enough, you can see a difference, but it would have such horrible latency and stutter due to such low FPS, you'll find it far less visually stimulating.

If you are after the best visuals in a moving game, you will want to turn down a few things, starting with AA, so that you can get 60+ FPS (or 80+ FPS in my opinion). The most cutting edge PC games aren't meant to be turned up to max settings for the most part. That is why they give you settings, so you can adjust them.

cm0scm0s

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

Avarage of 60fps then ?

I see the 970m in SLI manages 56fps avarage but nowhere is the 980m sli ever mentioned .

cm0scm0s

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

Why are there no 8x benchmarks , even if nothing could handle it the macro's alone would humor alot of people,

how about the 980m's in sli ? can they pull off 8x ?

Sakkura

Distinguished
No, my point in showing the results with the desktop GTX 970 SLI is to show performance that is somewhat ahead of what is possible on any laptop. The GTX 970 is more powerful than the GTX 980M, so GTX 970 SLI is also more powerful than GTX 980M SLI - the most powerful laptop graphics solution that exists, AFAIK.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Do you seriously want to play with 8x MSAA on? There is serious diminishing returns after 4x MSAA. Heck, why not go with 8x SSAA while you are at it, and see if you can pull off 10 FPS. I think people get a little too fixated on "maxed" settings.

cm0scm0s

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

I just want the best of the best possible visuals on a laptop and im willing to pay for it

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Doesn't it matter more if you can get to the best visuals you can notice while having smooth game play? Everything is a compromise. If you turn up to 8x SSAA, you may have good static images, and if you stare at it long enough, you can see a difference, but it would have such horrible latency and stutter due to such low FPS, you'll find it far less visually stimulating.

If you are after the best visuals in a moving game, you will want to turn down a few things, starting with AA, so that you can get 60+ FPS (or 80+ FPS in my opinion). The most cutting edge PC games aren't meant to be turned up to max settings for the most part. That is why they give you settings, so you can adjust them.

Solution