What MacBook to buy

Shoeb_Khan

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I have some queries so here is my profile so that u get the idea

I'm about to join a job and going places may or might not be my option, I spent my entire life using Windows and I'm sick and tired of its DIY environment my requirement is that I want a stable and fast system which should last me 5 years without slowing down or lagging, I mostly work on MS office and I have tons of movies on my 1tb hard drive, I do light gaming and and couple hours of web browsing the display and resolution matters to me as I like to watch movies I also got some apple devices which are an iPhone 5s and an iPad gen 4, I don't have any laptop so I enjoy my movies and videos on my iPad which has a Retina display.
My current budget is ₹65K and I can extent it up to ₹100K max if I waited till December.

So please suggest me what should I buy this year.

Solution
Apple has one of the shortest software obsolescence policies in the industry.

When Mavericks was released, it included a bunch of security fixes, but they didn't fix any of the security flaws in any earlier version - anyone using an older OS is instantly vulnerable.

It couldn't be installed on older machines, so users were left with the option of scrapping the machine, using another OS, or using an extremely insecure system.

I wouldn't buy a Mac if I wanted it to last long-term. Windows 10 is guaranteed extended support (including security fixes) through to 2025.

Linux will run on anything, and updates are free and usually supported for years, depending on which flavour you use. And it tends to be very fast.
Apple has one of the shortest software obsolescence policies in the industry.

When Mavericks was released, it included a bunch of security fixes, but they didn't fix any of the security flaws in any earlier version - anyone using an older OS is instantly vulnerable.

It couldn't be installed on older machines, so users were left with the option of scrapping the machine, using another OS, or using an extremely insecure system.

I wouldn't buy a Mac if I wanted it to last long-term. Windows 10 is guaranteed extended support (including security fixes) through to 2025.

Linux will run on anything, and updates are free and usually supported for years, depending on which flavour you use. And it tends to be very fast.

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Shoeb_Khan : "Which MacBook to buy in 2016"