What phones from straight talk use verizon towers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrae92

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Hello,
I was told to buy the motorola defy xt ($200) before I moved to Bradford,Pa so I did,when I moved up here my phone never works and that because this phone uses sprint towers, which they never informed me. Is there any way to make my phone signal better?? Im just annoyed because I've been spending so much money and I do what they tell me but my phone never works and everyone is contradicting everyone! Any help would be appreciated

jtoddv

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I believe Samsung Galaxy Proclaim is the device you will need to purchase to use Verizon towers on StraightTalk. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Samsung-Galaxy-Proclaim-Prepaid-Cell-Phone/20933054

I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but I believe you need to have a phone that was a Verizon branded phone FIRST in order to use Verizon towers. Just like the Samsung Galaxy II was 'first' an AT&T branded phone, then it will only work on the AT&T network through StraightTalk.

Bearabull

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I'm going to be switching also, so ask customer service at staight talk. Here is the list for Verizon towers
1. LG 100 C
2. LG 220 C
3. LG 231 C
4. LG 221 C
5. LG 290 C
6. LG 511 C
7. Motorola 385 C
8. Samsung 335 C
9. Samsung 355 C
10. Samsung 451 C
11. Samsung 380 C-
12. Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C- Android
13. Huawei Ascend Y H866C- Android
14. Samsung Galaxy Showcase- Android
15. Unimax U670C- Android
16. LG Optimus ZIP- Android
17. LG L38 C- Android

Bearabull

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Forgot to mention, I asked what was closet to gallaxy 3 and got this response:
The Samsung Galaxy S II is closer to Samsung Galaxy S III. Straight Talk
iPhones are CDMA and will be activated on Verizon with the Unlimited and
Unlimited ILD plans.

Bearabull

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
OK, not all cdma are created equal. At our Walmart in the NW suburb of Chicago, only the Samsung Proclaim used versizon. May vary based on your coverage area, so I definitely would go to the store to make sure you are getting cdma-v if you want verizon. I decided to go with the proclaim as coverage was most important to me. The iphones used Sprint. yuck

Shelbietyndall

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

I do not have a solution to your problem but I want to let you know that you cannot use a Verizon branded phone with straight talk I have thought of trying that but I asked and was told that would not work and was also informed that any phone ending with the letter C as a LG220C use the Verizon network

Jenn Siler

Honorable
May 27, 2013
I own the LG Optimus Zip and my husband has the Samsung Galaxy Showcase. The Showcase is the closest phone to a Samsung Galaxy S4 but, it is considered to be the S1. It works ok. There are a lot of glitches on his phone. My phone was great until I started to get notices of low memory. I have every single possible thing moved to my SD card but, there are some apps you cannot move to your SD card and you have to just delete all of those. You also have to go into your settings, manage apps, and clear the Caches of every single app. Facebook takes up a lot of space and it cannot be moved to the SD card. My phone needs 25mb of memory to run the Android operating system but, on a daily basis if I do not clear memory, delete old texts, clear my call log... I only have about 18mb. Other than that I love the Optimus Zip because it has a full qwuerty keyboard. Both of our phones are on the Verizon towers. You cannot see online which phone is for which tower when you are browsing the straightalk website but, if you go to Walmart they can show you where to look on the box, the bottom right hand corner usually and it will say CDMA. They also have a picture of the USA with the areas in red marked where the phone should work.

LJHicks2007

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

LJHicks2007

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I've had to deal with the lousy Sprint signal for a few years now. They, did, however send me a Sprint Airave that connects to your internet and boosts your signal. It works pretty good. I just don't know if you can buy one, but I'm pretty sure you can.

Vawn

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013

Yep--the Proclaim. I have one after researching which, (if any) android phones use Verizon towers through Straight Talk. I've had mine about 6 months now, works great. When I bought it, it was the only android they sold that did use Verizon. I've been with Straight Talk for about four years now and I love them. There was one time I bought a phone that used Sprint from them--same problem. I promptly returned it and have carefully researched each time I buy a new one.

dnovak

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

How sure are you of this? I am trying to find one for my roommate that uses Verizon towers because Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T basically do not exist where we live.... I saw a Samsung Galaxy Precedent and need to know if it works

hunterm71191

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
You can use some phones that are not straight talk. its the BYOP (bring you own phone) program they are now offering. know several people that have used u.s cellular and Verizon phones just have to check the straight talk website for compatibility.

jerz

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

150$ after taxes. They no longer give them out. My area was busted up good after Sandy and they even turned me down.

jerz

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

150$ after taxes. They no longer give them out. My area was busted up good after Sandy and they even turned me down.

sytech

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
I'm looking for a phone that is on verizon towers that has Android 4.0 for less than $200. Any ideas? I'm looking online but its pretty labor intensive looking at each phone.

Any ideas? It's for my Dad.

WesleyBishop

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

You are correct this device uses the Verizon service.

sytech

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

Galaxy Proclaim shows as Android 2.3, not 4.0. Looking to buy Android 4.0 using verizon towers for under $200.

WesleyBishop

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

It took me almost an hour to find this deice but here you go :) Huawei Ascend Y300

They may have them cheaper just look around on ebay.

kelleylikes

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

If you go to straight talk .com and select phones, enter in your zip code, the phones that come up with the red map are verizon phones. All others are AT&T and T mobile. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.