What Should I Buy? ( The New Nexus 7? )

May 15, 2012
So I've doing alot of research and so far the New Nexus 7 looks like the best option. But I wanted some feedback on what other people think. I have a 350$ budget.

I feel like some might reccomend the iPad Mini but I decided against it do to the Nexus's superior hardware ( screen, proccessor and graphics )

I'm also thinking if I should wait till September to get a tablet, because even though I dont think the new iPad Mini will come out for months, I've heard the next Kindle Fire may come out in September and might have a Snapdragon 800 in it, which would be awesome.

Thanks! And if you do think I should get the New Nexus 7, can you tell me how much memory is used already for the operating system so I can see if I need the 16GB or 32GB version? Would appreciate it

Jmsully

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
I would say get the Nexus 7. With the iPad Mini, you pay more for less. For your price range, you should get the Nexus 7 with 32gb of storage cause some of the games eat up alot of storage. Also, the Nexus 7 is a Nexus device (duh) so it get android OTA updates before any non-nexus device. So, if I were you, I would buy the Nexus 7 32gb version

May 15, 2012

Ok thanks. I decided Im getting a Nexus 7, though Im still deciding myself if I should get the 16gb or 32 gb version. For anybody curious I heard 4.5 GB was taken up out of the box, though some of that stuff is stuff you dont need and you'll probably end up deleting like some magazines and stuff they put on there, so Id say more like 4GB is taken up after all is said and done.

Jaxem

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
I have one, and love it the issue i have right now with mine is the GPS not working half the time, which is being worked on by Google, but other than that, it's an amazing piece of tech for the price, i had a 1st gen and this destroys it in terms of quality, speed, and power.

latethank

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
i had a 1st gen and this destroys it in terms of quality, speed, and power.
13.gif

May 15, 2012
Wanted to update saying Ive had the new 32GB Nexus 7 for about a week and its great! If you're on the fence about getting one, I'd say dont be and go get one! Its my first Android device and it has led a very good first impression.