What slot is this ? What card goes in here ? - See picture attached

toshiportege

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
I opened up my Toshiba Portege Z30t C to add more RAM and I saw an unused slot on the mother board.

I am referring to the black slot and the empty space on the mother board on the extreme left of the attached picture, between the battery and the LAN card, Fan.

I was wondering what card goes in here ? I see that there is a SIM holder right below the empty slot. But there is no opening in the side of the laptop to put in a SIM, so I guess this SIM holder is for another edition of this laptop which comes with a LTE modem.

Could the empty slot be for the missing LTE modem ? Can any other cards (such as a GPU) be plugged into this empty slot ? Also, where can I find a repair manual for a Portege Z30t C ? Please help.

P1050025.jpg

Solution
Bluetooth is normally implemented as part of the WiFi card.

That'll be for a cellphone modem, but it doesn't look like the laptop has the necessary antennas. It's an M.2 slot, probably with PCIe only.

You may be able to use one of the eGPU kits with the slot, but no GPU will fit directly in there.

A second SSD may also be an option.
Bluetooth is normally implemented as part of the WiFi card.

That'll be for a cellphone modem, but it doesn't look like the laptop has the necessary antennas. It's an M.2 slot, probably with PCIe only.

You may be able to use one of the eGPU kits with the slot, but no GPU will fit directly in there.

A second SSD may also be an option.

Solution