What to upgrade first Toshiba L500 Full specs

Urrazeb

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm looking at upgrading my laptop, it works fine but is a fair bit old now, just looking to squeeze as much out off it as I can for the last amount of cash lol so tell me what you think should go first :)

General
CPU Intel® Pentium® processor T4400 (2.2GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)

Screen Size 15.6" Widescreen XGA TFT Active Matrix 200NIT CSV Display (1366 x 768)

Memory 4GB DDR3 (2GB + 2GB) (1066MHz) expandable to 8GB

Storage 320GB (5400rpm) SATA

Graphics Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator GM45

Optical Disc Drive DVD-SuperMulti Drive

Audio Intel® High Definition Audio Sound

Sound Stereo speakers

BIOS ACPI, PnP, VESA, DPMS, DDC, SM BIOS, PCI BIOS Support, Boot Device, TSETUP

Power Supply 65W Worldwide AC Adaptor

Expansion
TV-Out Port VGA, HDMI

USB Ports 3x USB 2.0 Ports (2x USB 2.0 + 1x eSATA/USB Combo)

Bridge Media Adaptor Bridge Media slot

Communication
LAN Integrated 10/100Mbps TX Ethernet

Wireless LAN 802.11(b/g/n)

Solution
Not much you can do to upgrade an old laptop, there is a "possible" CPU upgrade here https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68514-Processor-upgrade-on-Satellite-L500-1QE but they may not work, that is just a list of those CPUs that work with that connection, not really those that work with your laptop.

4 gig of RAM is OK, a solid state drive may be the best thing to add to make the system run better. It won't actually do things like play games better but it will respond faster to commands, will open files faster and will start up faster.
Not much you can do to upgrade an old laptop, there is a "possible" CPU upgrade here https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68514-Processor-upgrade-on-Satellite-L500-1QE but they may not work, that is just a list of those CPUs that work with that connection, not really those that work with your laptop.

4 gig of RAM is OK, a solid state drive may be the best thing to add to make the system run better. It won't actually do things like play games better but it will respond faster to commands, will open files faster and will start up faster.

Solution

Urrazeb

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015
Cool, thats what I was thinking. I'm happy with the 4gb, I have a desktop that I game on so not too bothered, just wanted to check if I could update any components.

Looks like the SSD is what I should go with, thanks for your advice and links :)

TRENDING THREADS