What video editing software should I use for Youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geri710

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
Hey guys. I want to start a youtube channel. What video editing software do you suggest me to use? I am not going to do a lot of editing. Just cuts and adding music. I want a free and lightweight software. Also easy to use.

Solution
I use Magix Movie Studio 13 Platinum, it has the power of Vegas but at a fraction the cost. If you decide to get this, make sure you get the Platinum version. The normal version doesn't allow advanced editing.

Free and lightweight is a tall order. Virtualdub and Windows Movie Maker are the only two I know of that isn't limited by some artificial restriction. Last time I tried virtualdub it was just so buggy and crashed constantly. I hope it has improved over the years.

There is also Lightworks. This is professional editing software with a learning cliff to match. It extremely expensive. However there is a free version but it is limited to exporting 720p.

DanDOGGO

Commendable
May 3, 2016
I personally use Sony Vegas 14 and is probably the best one out there... However I don't know if you would want to pay that much for it ;) (You're looking about 200 - $300)

Check out this website and give it a read - https://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editor/free-video-editing-software-windows.html

Filmora is a fairly good editing software, and is fairly easy to use. I know a lot of YouTubers who use it too! But again, if you potentially wanted to pursue a career in YouTubing then I'd go the extra mile and pay for your software.

Hope that helps :)

mamasan2000

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

Virtualdub (https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/341575-Virtualdub-2-audio-tracks comment 11 and onwards)
Avidemux

SinxarKnights

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
I use Magix Movie Studio 13 Platinum, it has the power of Vegas but at a fraction the cost. If you decide to get this, make sure you get the Platinum version. The normal version doesn't allow advanced editing.

Free and lightweight is a tall order. Virtualdub and Windows Movie Maker are the only two I know of that isn't limited by some artificial restriction. Last time I tried virtualdub it was just so buggy and crashed constantly. I hope it has improved over the years.

There is also Lightworks. This is professional editing software with a learning cliff to match. It extremely expensive. However there is a free version but it is limited to exporting 720p.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.