What virus is this?

OrangeOak

Estimable
May 24, 2015
I went on rcmphc com

A page with a popup that can't be closed popped up instead.

These are the websites.

00.errorscanner.website

00.errorscanner.website/primary-scan/automatic-report/error-found/attention/index.html

I scan my PC every week. I don't have any viruses as far as I know and now this randomly popped up. Now, when I go on rcmphc.com, there's no issue with it whatsoever.

Should I be worried? I'm not sure what could have possibly happened.

Solution
Well, I think you are having virus that generates unwanted pop ups and once clicked they redirect the user to malicious sites.

You must try to remove it as soon as possible. I can suggest you to download a trusted ad blocker that can block such ads from entering your system. For any other detail you may follow the link: http://ablockplus.org/

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Those are some fake virus removal sites, if you are on chrome, you can check "prevent this page from opening popups" and the popups will not appear anymore.
Anyway, the popups didn't appear from the site RCMPHC, I went to see them, because I was curious.
They want you to call their "toll-free" number so you lose some money and they may gain from it.
You probably have some adware installed in your PC, scan with Malware-Bytes and see if it helps.

OrangeOak

Estimable
May 24, 2015

I'm scared to even enter a password or credit number now. Could the virus montior my passwords and stuff or is it just a typical adware? I'll definitely scan. What if I find nothing?

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

Well, if you scan and find nothing and you're still scared, you can do a full reset, format HDD and reinstall windows.

123andrew

Estimable
May 29, 2015
Well, I think you are having virus that generates unwanted pop ups and once clicked they redirect the user to malicious sites.

You must try to remove it as soon as possible. I can suggest you to download a trusted ad blocker that can block such ads from entering your system. For any other detail you may follow the link: http://ablockplus.org/

Solution