Whats the easiest and safest way to

djreedj

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Whats the easiest and safest way to delete all the clutter and crap from my pc, and to check for registry errors. Im looking for the safest and best programs available please, I am really sketchy when it comes to a lot of programs causing more problems then they resolve. Thanks!

Solution
I normally do a clean install of windows, install all of the programs I use and need.
Along with Direct X, Visual C. Dll content, dot Net framework. Java. Antivirus software ect.

Then I make a backup of the system drive via system image, backup/restore of windows.
Save the image to another hard drive and create a recovery CD/ DVD. or Usb recovery flash drive.

Then when I need to do a fresh clean install without any clutter it can be done in one step.
Without having to setup things again,or re install most programs, and it being a major pain in the ass Djreedj.
Saves a lot of time.
Any documents, pictures save them on another drive other than the system drive with the Os on it to retain them if current files.

Best way.

ael00

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
to be honest a full system wipe from occasion to occasion doesnt hurt. I do it once a year.

Alternatively you can use some registry cleaner app but tbh they are all sketchy at best and break stuff at worst, and you are still stuck with manually uninstalling every software you dont need. I would just back up my data and do fresh install but thats just me.

Shaun o

Distinguished
I normally do a clean install of windows, install all of the programs I use and need.
Along with Direct X, Visual C. Dll content, dot Net framework. Java. Antivirus software ect.

Then I make a backup of the system drive via system image, backup/restore of windows.
Save the image to another hard drive and create a recovery CD/ DVD. or Usb recovery flash drive.

Then when I need to do a fresh clean install without any clutter it can be done in one step.
Without having to setup things again,or re install most programs, and it being a major pain in the ass Djreedj.
Saves a lot of time.
Any documents, pictures save them on another drive other than the system drive with the Os on it to retain them if current files.

Best way.

Solution