When Are the New Wave of Laptops Coming?

windowshate

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
I was thinking of getting the iDell inspiron 15 7559 laptop:

Code:
Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz Quad-Core (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.2 GHz)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

8 GB DDR3L / 256 GB Solid-State Drive

15.6-Inch FHD IPS, Wide-Angle, Anti Glare Screen

Its currently 800$ which makes it the most cost effective laptop for these specs that I've found. This laptop has been around since 2014 or 2015. I know that Nov-December and January-Early spring is usually when new stuff comes out.

Is there reason to believe that Dell will either significantly drop prices or a whole new wave of better technology is going to come out within the next month for the same price?

Solution
D
The Skylake based i5 6300HQ was released in late 2015 so it's not that old. Kaby Lake mobile parts started being released last month. The desktop versions are not any faster clock for clock only slightly more efficient so I suspect the mobile versions only offer slightly better battery performance.

I'd get that laptop if it fits your needs.
D

Deleted member 217926

The Skylake based i5 6300HQ was released in late 2015 so it's not that old. Kaby Lake mobile parts started being released last month. The desktop versions are not any faster clock for clock only slightly more efficient so I suspect the mobile versions only offer slightly better battery performance.

I'd get that laptop if it fits your needs.

Solution