Solved! When connecting pc to AVR, ARC from TV stops working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
I have an LG oled65b TV hooked up to a yamaha RX-A1060 AVR. ARC and CEC worked well, I could get sound from the TV to the AVR and I had volume control. Then, I hooked up a PC to the receiver via HDMI and the ARC stopped working. It took me a while to understand that this was the problem. I tried few different HDMI ports, but, the problem persissts. When I disconnect the PC, all goes back to normal. Couldn't find anything on this on the net. Would appreciate any idea on how to solve this. Thanks

Solution
When you select the PC HDMI Input on the receiver the audio should come from the PC.
When you select the TV that audio should come from ARC.
Check the input menu of the receiver to make sure that you have set that up correctly.
Double check the settings on the TV to make sure ARC is still correctly set up.
Try turning off CEC.
When you select the PC HDMI Input on the receiver the audio should come from the PC.
When you select the TV that audio should come from ARC.
Check the input menu of the receiver to make sure that you have set that up correctly.
Double check the settings on the TV to make sure ARC is still correctly set up.
Try turning off CEC.

Solution
Jun 9, 2018
I have no problems getting sound from the pc through HDMI. The problem is that when I plug in the HDMI wire from the PC, the ARC (sound) from the TV to the AVR stops working and so does the control. When I unplug the PC, it works again. This is without changing any of the settings that work fine when the PC is not plugged. re the CEC, on my TV the CEC and ARC are together, I can't disable the CEC without disabling the ARC as well. I have a cable box HDMI plugged in to the AVR with no problems. Thanks

espen_1

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
Have the same problem here, my old computer with a rx460 card and arc worked, upgrading to new computer rx580 and win 10, arc and reciver dissapeared. when unplugging pc hdmi from tv arc is back. Have not found sollution to this, but I belive it has something to do with hdmi cec, edid or something from computer that has to be dissabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.