When I look at my task manager, it says I have 75 or more processes running. Isn't this kind of excessive? Would this be why

nanadar

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
When I look at my task manager, it says I have 75 or more processes running. Isn't this kind of excessive? Would this be why my computer is so slow? How do I know which ones I can remove and which ones have to be left alone? I don't have a lot of apps/programs on my computer.

Solution
75 processes is not unusual. The PC I am typing this on is showing 73 with just Firefox, Thunderbird and IE open. You should look at the programs that are auto started at boot/login time. How you see these is different for different versions of windows (task manager vs msconfig) ...
Having very little RAM (4GB or less) could be an issue with 75 processes. But really, the CPU usage and Memory usage are more important statistics from task manager.

kanewolf

Judicious
75 processes is not unusual. The PC I am typing this on is showing 73 with just Firefox, Thunderbird and IE open. You should look at the programs that are auto started at boot/login time. How you see these is different for different versions of windows (task manager vs msconfig) ...
Having very little RAM (4GB or less) could be an issue with 75 processes. But really, the CPU usage and Memory usage are more important statistics from task manager.

Solution

NOT_PROVIDED_330

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
Wouldnt you be able to fix this by uninstalled bloatware / stupid programs that you don't need? Most prebuilt stuff comes with stuff you'll never use /bloatware so remove a bunch of crap you dont use or dont care about and then see.