When i Plug in the Charger with Battery into my HP Pavilion G6 laptop , it Shuts Down immediately?

techy235

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
Last week , my windows 8 laptop was working fine, but When i plugged in the charger into my HP Pavilion G6 laptop with Battery , it shut down immediately? I went to the repair shop and was told that from now on i would have to Plug in direct AC supply without Battery , only then i can use my system as it will crash instantly if i plug the charger with Battery?

Now i use on direct AC power only. I cant put the battery back as it will shut down.

what could be the cause? can it be resolved?

Kindly help!

Thanks!!

darkprincenh

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
One of 3 things is going on here:

1. You have a bad battery
2. You have a bad charger
3. You have a bad charging circuit on your main board

The first two are easily diagnosed by using a known good battery and charger. You can borrow a charger from someone who has the same model you do and try that first. If it still shuts off when you put the battery in, it may be that the battery is bad. If you replace that and it still does the same thing...then option 3 is likely.

It's almost cheaper to buy another notebook at that point.

Also, check the HP website for battery/charger recalls. Certain models had bad ones sent out from the factory, and yours may fall into that category.

Ralph