When I update my laptops drivers, the screen freezes every couple seconds

aidanchoughari

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
Im trying to update my graphics card drivers but whenever I do the computer will freeze up for 1 or 2 seconds and this happens every 6 or 7 seconds. It makes using the computer practically impossible so I just have to uninstall the drivers. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several tims and the same problem appears each and every time. Also Im not sure if I provided all the specs needed so if I didn't and you need more let me know.
Specs here
Windows 10 64 bit
Graphics card : AMD HD 8400/ R3 series
CPU: AMD A6 5200 APU with Radeon HD graphics
4 GB of ram

Calvin7

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Usually the only place to get drivers for a laptop is the laptop manufacturer. Getting them from other places results in the kinds of problems you are experiencing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 6
O Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 5
Danthebugg Laptop Tech Support 12
G Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 11
H Laptop Tech Support 4
X Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Asus Laptop screen LCD's not turning on after driver update
Black screen on external monitor for laptop after driver update
Will downloading the driver update download make the laptop start up on its own without being plugged in? The screen isn't th
My amd graphics card m230 in my laptop keeps crashing after i update its new driver from amd site...pls help me to solve this
I update de Graphics C. Driver and my laptop screen turn black
Laptop black screen after updating Drivers
I have a HP 2000 laptop and the left and up arrow keys do not work anymore. i have tried updating the drivers and uninstalling
Updating graphics drivers?
Laptop beeping after BIOS update
How do i properly update Nvidia drivers on Asus laptop?
Full reset Dell laptop (windows 10 new) and keeps repeating the windows driver downloader and updater (stuck at 64% then reset
Can't see the video but can hear the sound. Worked perfectly before I updated my laptop drivers.
new HP laptop BSOD when updating graphics driver
Laptop won't turn on after being shutdown while updating drivers
Laptop with broken display, need to update drivers.
can update my driver direct from manufacture source or use brand of laptop to update
HP laptop windows 10 update deleted audio drivers?
Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop not shutting down completely after graphics driver update
Black screen after updating nvidia driver on laptop
I updated my graph driver on Asus TP500, right after that my screen went blank and I restarted the laptop and the start screen

ASK THE COMMUNITY