When To Expect Discounts For the New Macbook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I'll but a MBP when it's price hits..... never... you can't even give me one for free.... and if one does happen to grace it's magical presence on my workbench.....

I'll pawn the damn thing off and spend the money on beer and women.....

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
some of you guys might not agree with me, but apple being anal with discounts usually makes people feel better about their purchases. they don't have to worry about a $200 price drop in a coming week, and then suffer some short term buyers remorse

i think their consistent prices actually helps sell their products

ramlock

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I think this retina display thing is awesome... I have no idea why we as consumers didn't see this one coming. My wife loves apple and I love windows.... but I really want one of those displays some how.... just saying. Apple should really call themselves "rabbit" because the "hounds" are off again, and they are going to have to chase this market trend super fast too to cash in.good one apple.

ramlock

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I think this retina display thing is awesome... I have no idea why we as consumers didn't see this one coming. My wife loves apple and I love windows.... but I really want one of those displays some how.... just saying. Apple should really call themselves "rabbit" because the "hounds" are off again, and they are going to have to chase this market trend super fast too to cash in.good one apple.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]I'll but a MBP when it's price hits..... never... you can't even give me one for free.... and if one does happen to grace it's magical presence on my workbench.....I'll pawn the damn thing off and spend the money on beer and women.....[/citation]
I was going to vote you down for blind hatred of macs (I'm not a huge fan of them myself, but they are perfectly workable machines), but your beer and woman argument trumps all ignorance :) +1

G

I get a corporate discount of roughly 10% on Apple hardware starting day 1.

As pointed out above, Apple's consistent pricing is an distinct advantage.

You would be insane to purchase a competing product at launch because the price will invariably drop significantly at some point--that is if it isn't completely discontinued (virtually any non-Ipad tablet).

That Apple product may be discounted at some point, but never enough to cause you regret buying last week.

As far as their prices being high...show me a manufacturer making a similar product for less. How are those ultra books coming along?

I was an Apple skeptic for many years. I scoffed along with the rest never having actually owned a macbook, iphone, etc. I picked up last year's Macbook Air (13" maxed) and I can't really see myself going back to using anything else.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ramlock[/nom]I think this retina display thing is awesome... I have no idea why we as consumers didn't see this one coming. My wife loves apple and I love windows.... but I really want one of those displays some how.... just saying. Apple should really call themselves "rabbit" because the "hounds" are off again, and they are going to have to chase this market trend super fast too to cash in.good one apple.[/citation]

I like that Apple is pushing the envelope on screen resolutions, it is definetely a plus for the industry. Hopefully we'll see the other major manufacturers start using higher displays on their laptops as well, and maybe then we can start seeing sub-$1000 laptops with super-hi resolution displays.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]icemunk[/nom]I like that Apple is pushing the envelope on screen resolutions, it is definetely a plus for the industry. Hopefully we'll see the other major manufacturers start using higher displays on their laptops as well, and maybe then we can start seeing sub-$1000 laptops with super-hi resolution displays.[/citation]

Intel already announced an initiative last year for higher res screens for laptops, smart phones, desktop screens and tablets. Apple just jumped the gun, but strangely their screen is significantly lower res than what Intel had on their chart for 11 - 17" screens from premium laptops for 2013.

godfather666

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Dell's new 27-inch all-in-one uses the 1440p resolution. It's nice to see other companies are following Apple on this issue. High res screens are great.

But for a 15-inch screen, I think 1080p is perfect.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]rb420[/nom]Was this article just posted as bait for apple haters?[/citation]
Every Apple article is bait for the haters.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]I'll but a MBP when it's price hits..... never... you can't even give me one for free.... and if one does happen to grace it's magical presence on my workbench.....I'll pawn the damn thing off and spend the money on beer and women.....[/citation]

Yea......riiight. Can't give you one for free? If someone was handing these things out for free and you used one before you would be in line like one of those kids trying to get a Wii on launch day.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]godfather666[/nom]Dell's new 27-inch all-in-one uses the 1440p resolution. It's nice to see other companies are following Apple on this issue. High res screens are great.But for a 15-inch screen, I think 1080p is perfect.[/citation]

Missing the point, OSX has resolution independence. The res is way up to support the pixel density not to scale the screen. So nothing appears small on the 15.4 inch screen. Just very clear

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]some of you guys might not agree with me, but apple being anal with discounts usually makes people feel better about their purchases. they don't have to worry about a $200 price drop in a coming week, and then suffer some short term buyers remorsei think their consistent prices actually helps sell their products[/citation]

i hate that i agree with you as much as i hate that resolution on a 15 inch screen while we have to pay over the cost of that laptop just to get a decent 2560x1600 screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS