Where can i complain to steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

avanderw

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Hello,

Has anyone tried complaining to Steam? It is near impossible. I recently bought supreme commander 2. Which I cannot play for various reasons. It first needs to download the latest patch, I have a slow internet connection and low and behold it is a massive download. 1 Day download. I will also not be connected 80% of the time.

A friend of mine bought left for dead 2, about a year ago. Has very expensive internet connection, like the rest of us here in South Africa, and still to this day has not played that game yet.

What is the point of buying games running steam then. If I am to pay that amount for a game then not be able to play it. I would rather risk pirating it. Being able to play the game and having fun with it. Then to spend the money only to wait and be frustrated AND potentially not be able to play the game because of some stupid DRM.

Sorry, my google search brought me here with the message title. Thought I would just vent to relieve some of my anger.

Matan Eldan

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
You can find the "Contact Support" in the support section.

But if you ask me, you can't blame Steam just because you have slow internet connection.

I can understand you (I live in Israel. Internet connections are expensive here too)
I'm having these problems too, but it's not their fault for my opinion.

starionnsw

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

oh yes you can blame steam when quake 2 run fine on 56k modems its too mach bull added buy steam im in australiarcurrnt day they burnt 200 gig no exsgueis ,,,you only new to lag and up loads

Charm3d

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
You can blame steam. When you buy a Game on DvD, you want to install it and play it. Just like you could in the good old days.
Now you buy a game on DvD you have to.,

1. Install Steam
2. Get made to download the game you already have on DvD
3. Get made to install updates
and so on.

Because of this steam BS, I have decided NEVER to buy a PC game again. They have ruined PC games to millions of
people world wide because of all their BS. They and Valve should never have been allowed to exist.

They are a joke and when you buy a game on Disc, you should not have to get stressed out just trying to install and use
the software you have paid for.

I hate them with a passion.

nikorr

Distinguished

Steam Support @ https://support.steampowered.com/

Grumpy Gamer

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012

Hi, I also live in South Africa and feel exactly the same way. Installing any game involving Steam with be slow, painful and potentially expensive.

Have just bought Total War: Shogun 2 in spite of the R400 (32 Pound or 49 Dollar) price tag. Did not expect Steam download to be 5GB! Using Cell C (a reliable service provider) that will cost me R800 to download (2 x R399 for 3GB bundles, that's 62 Pounds or 98 Dollars, excessive since the buyer has already purchased the game.) I tried the 8ta network's supposedly cheaper deals, but that was money down the drain and an unpleasant experience all round.

With Steam I could only download Total War: Napoleon over a four month period, taking advantage of unused data at the end of each month.

On top of this there is the intrusion as Steam scratches around in your system and the unwanted advertisements. Steam is just thoroughly annoying. I'm all for companies protecting their games from piracy, but why punish and chase away paying customers this way.

It will be months before I will be able tom play Shogun, if in fact I bother at all. The size of the steam download needs to be clearly marked on all packaging.

Grumpy Gamer

Hawkeye22

Distinguished

You mean you can blame people that pirate software causing these companies to lose money that is needed to develop these games. If there weren't people pirating software, there would be no need for DRM. At least steam is one of the least intrusive forms of DRM.

Status
Not open for further replies.