where can I find a laptop with a mechanical keyboard preferably backlit

hopeworks5

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
I would like to find a laptop with a backlit mechanical keyboard or at least have the keys laser etched in purple, blue or pink large letters if being backlit is going to be a problem. I would also like to find a keyboard like this to use with my desktop as I'm pretty sure I'd never find what I'm looking for in a laptop keyboard.

I'd also like to know why it's so hard to get a simple mechanical keyboard without it having to be a gaming keyboard. I learned how to type on a mechanical keyboard and then they started making these cheap keyboards that are so flat my fingers slide off ........ I need high keys that aren't so flat you're constantly hitting the wrong key. I've been looking for months for a keyboard for my desktop like this and am almost ready to give up.

hopeworks5

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
Like every other woman in this world, I just want my way ......... is that so bad????

I want a desktop mechanical keyboard that the lights don't emanate from underneath, as I tried one of those, and the keys were literally glaring at me..... way too bright. I just want a simple mechanical keyboard with keys that have big, bright letters on them so I can see them in the dark, and I do NOT want a "compact" keyboard ....... I still want a full-sized keyboard that when I hit the key, I KNOW I've hit something, unlike these puny, flat keyboards that as good a typist as I am, I'm always hitting the wrong key. I can easily type more than 100 words/minute; I HAD to when I was doing medical transcription as we had to make 1000 lines/day to stay hired, and they preferred 1500-2000 lines/day, but when they only counted a 65-character line, so the first part of the report didn't even count, line wise, and some doctors would speak so fast you were lucky to get 50 lines out of their report, there was no way I could do 2000 lines a day. I had to quit that job when they started sending all the medical transcription overseas as they were willing to work for far less, and even though I was able to interpret their foreign accent, they didn't care. I used to work for one of the biggest medical transcription companies in the U.S., MedQuist, Inc., but even they couldn't compete with the low wages people in India were happy to get, and to be honest, I can't blame those transcriptionists, as they needed the money just as much as I did if not more.

I still can't understand why it's so hard to find a plain, mechanical keyboard that has 104 keys; the keys are lit; and the touch versus the touch you get with the thin, plastic keyboards they make now simply cannot be compared, but once again, the almighty dollar won out. They soon found out it was way more cost effective to forego the mechanical keys and use the cheap replacements they came up with, but the people that had to use these horrible replacements, that knew better like I did, were not happy. Millions of people to this day don't even know the difference between the cheap plastic keys they type on and the incredible mechanical keys they COULD be typing on if some jerk hadn't convinced Dell and all the others to switch over to the extremely bad quality keys we're forced to type with now. It truly sickens me as I've spent years typing on these decrepit keys and because of them, I got carpal tunnel syndrome in both of my wrists, which I would NOT have gotten with the mechanical keys as the cheap keys strain your hands and wrists more than the mechanical keys.

Now we have to put up with these flat, slippery, thin, keys to type with, and I for one, would kill to get a mechanical keyboard even if it wasn't backlit.

Like they say, you never know what you had until you lose it, but I'm still going to fight to bring more mechanical keyboards back for those of us that know the difference plus you can type much, much faster on a mechanical keyboard than a flat, plastic imitation of what they call a keyboard these days, and your hands and wrists don't get strained to the point you develop carpal tunnel syndrome because of that extra strain.