Where can i get info on trouble shooting my latitude d600

generalgrant

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
I am having issued with my d600 where it will spontaneously shut off while in use. I dont have the batter in it because they no longer hold a charge. When i have either of my batteries in the batter light just blinks red. And when I remove the batter it goes away. However, recently I have been having a problem where, the thing will just shut off on me. I am concerned because I know this is terrible for any pc and is likely destroying my HD. It is happening far to frequently.

frozenlead

Distinguished
Sounds like a bad connection. Can you wiggle the DC power jack around in it's socket? Has the jack on the end of the power supply been frequently bent at 90 degree angles or so?

generalgrant

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
Yes I can wiggle it in the socket. However, i just did that and nothing. I dont bend the power cord when it goes into the socket.

binomial

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
I'd go with completecs! fan mite have got dust in it! so it mite be runnin slow and the modern pcs' aswell as laptops just shuts off after the threshold of cpu temp is achieved........so as to avoid damage to the microprocessor by overheating.....I'd recommend use Everest utility to check the temperature on the cpu core...........and run a burn in test so that u can be sure it is or its is not the cpu overheating...........

pcfreak101

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I would say probably something to do with your CPU heat sink clogged with dust. I had a Toshiba laptop a long time ago that started repeatedly and spontaneously turning off after about 4 years of use. When I opened up the CPU heat sink compartment, low and behold, I found a half inch thick layer of lint and dust. I removed it, and the laptop served me well for another two years before the LCD screen broke.