Where is my email?

Ozzie Chatterbox

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
Hi,
I wrote an email to my son on the 24th March. I did not want it sent until the 26th March. I composed the email. I then went into 'delayed mail' and specified it to be sent on the 26th March between 9am and 8pm and I requested a delivery receipt. I checked the email, was happy and clicked 'send'. It went to my Outbox folder where I expected it to go. Today is the 26th (my husband turned Outlook on before I got up) and my email is now not in Outlook. It also is not in my 'sent' folder, I did not get a delivery receipt and my son did not get the email.
So where is it???
Or what did I do wrong.
Thanks,
Ozzie Chatterbox

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Well you wouldn't receive a delivery receipt If you specified for it not to be delivered before 9 AM today. I'm not very familiar with delayed delivery in outlook, but I think once you hit send it just sits in your outbox until the specified time & date rolls around. Is your outbox sorted in such a way that it might be in there but it's just not showing up? Try changing the "view" to the Date view

Ozzie Chatterbox

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
Hi, thanks for your interest. I did not expect a delivery receipt until after 9am on the 26th. Whichever way I sort Outbox there are no emails sitting there so it's gone somewhere. It is not in my sent box and my son still did not receive the email. It's not a matter of life and death, I just re-wrote it yesterday and sent, but it puzzles me as to where it is or what I did wrong.