Where to buy Laptop Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hey guys,
I wasn't sure what category this would be under, so I chose Systems as a close fit. I'm looking to purchase an inverter board for an inspiron 8600. Reason why I am certain the inverter board is bad on my sister's laptop is because the computer turns on and the backlight also remains on for about 5-7 seconds, then turns off (backlight only, there is still stuff on screen). Google shopping is of course turning up plenty of results, but I wanted to know from anyone whos bought laptop parts whether there is a particular store they shop at? Or if my diagnoses is wrong, any help would be appreciated. Figured with how cheap the part can be, a guide online showing how to replace this particular model's, data backed up elsewhere, I don't have much to lose.

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Sounds like the inverter to me. Definitely where I would start. You can find them for cheap on ebay, which is where I have purchased them in the past.

If I can recommend opening the system (if you are comfortable with that) and getting the part number of the inverter so that you can search for a replacement online with more confidence and not risk buying any unnecessary parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.