Solved! Where to find a new case for my laptop?

nr0003

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000, I got it in 2016 but I believe it was released in 2015. I had it plugged in on my desk and the cord was stuck in the wheel of my chair. I didn't release this until I scooted back and dragged the laptop in the floor. At first, a little piece of the case around the left ventilation broke off, but over the months it has been getting worse and worse. So, I was thinking I should just buy a new case to put the insides in since the left hinge lost its functionality and is basically decoration at this point. The laptop I have has a TN panel but they released one that has an IPS panel at the same time as mine. I'm thinking the cases should be the same size since only the screens and HDD/RAM was different. Is there a good place to buy the case part for my laptop? The only thing I could think of would be eBay, but that's a little sketchy since people get scammed there a lot. Thanks for any suggestions.

Solution
Yep, eBay is the best place to find it, if you don't want to try there, check in some local computer shops. I doubt anyone would bother doing a fake listing for a laptop case or a "for parts" system. If you find a long time seller with good feedback and they are not selling you a $1,000 system for $200, it is a good bet that they are safe.
Yep, eBay is the best place to find it, if you don't want to try there, check in some local computer shops. I doubt anyone would bother doing a fake listing for a laptop case or a "for parts" system. If you find a long time seller with good feedback and they are not selling you a $1,000 system for $200, it is a good bet that they are safe.

Solution