which 5:1 speaker should i select for gaming? Creative SBS A520 5:1 vs Edifier M1550 5.1 ?

imran5320xm

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
Solution

really? dont know where you got your specs from, but the specs from the edifer site say this:

Total power output:

RMS 4 x 3W + 4W + 10W x 1

The creative is 5w x5 + 12w subwoofer

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
i would say listen to both. without listening to them you really dont know. I recently got bought a logitech THX system after reading rave reviews, got them home, and they sounded like crap, harsh, tinny and cheap. plugged in my old 6 year old logitechs which had much lower specs and they just sounded better.

From a quick browse of user reviews the both system seems to be reasonable. the only bad reviews seem to come from people that thought it could be easily hooked up to tv or dvd player. its meant for a pc with 6 channel discrete output. The creative one has slightly better specs so i would probably go with that one.

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
not even close, the edifier is like x2 better speakers

(and no. the creative does not have better specs, those are 12W speaker vs 30 on the edifier, with an 80w subwoofer vs 30 on the creative... the edifier claims much better signal to noise as well)

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished

really? dont know where you got your specs from, but the specs from the edifer site say this:

Total power output:

RMS 4 x 3W + 4W + 10W x 1

The creative is 5w x5 + 12w subwoofer

Solution

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

weird. those are completely different then to specs i'm looking at.

very strange.