Which amp/splitter is best for connecting two displays to one device?

Steve-P

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
I want to connect two displays to one device but am unsure of the best way to do it. I have a Blu-ray player in the family room with my TV. I want to be able to watch movies in the master bedroom as well on my PC. I’m hearing amplifiers or splitters will do the trick. Found some here https://bzbexpress.com/HDMI-Amplifier-and-Splitters/.

Are these even what I need? If so, I’m assuming I won’t need anything too fancy. Thanks for any help!

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

I mean that is what you'd need to just get the signal over to your room, but then you can't pause the show or anything like that. FYI an HDMI can go about 50 meters without an amplifier/repeater to boost the signal. It would work just fine for your description.

I do believe that the home server is going to quickly become part of many homes. If you had a small server in a central location, you could use streaming devices to connect to it to play your movies, whether they be on disc or downloaded. Then all you need to do is buy a small android/chrome/amazon stick to access your files from whatever TV you wish.

Mousemonkey

Distinguished

If you use a splitter then you won't have control over the player from the bedroom. To have control you need to start thinking about Digi-links or video matrix's, it can get expensive.