Which Android

promoman9

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
I have finally decided to switch from my now ancient palm pre plus for a verizon android. I think I have narrowed my choices down to a galaxy nexus an a htc rezound. I have heard the nexus has some radio issues which concerns me, but I have also heard the rezound just isn't a good phone. I want to buy one in the next day or two so any advise will be greatly appreciated.

AFarenci

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

I'm also looking at VZW Androids, and interested in the community's input. I find it easier to choose by a process of elimination, so I'd like to know what models NOT to get.

My thread in General Discussion: My First SmartPhone

promoman9

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
I've asked a few other places for recommendations as well, the resounding answer I have gotten is the Nexus. The reasons behind it, like my pre, I really enjoy messing around with it and rooting it. The nexus is apparently the easiest android going right now for verizon. I'm a little concerned that I'll get one with radio issues that won't be fixed by flashing the .04 radio roms, but time will tell. Good luck in your search. (I'll also let you know my opinions on the gnex when it comes in).

AFarenci

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

I just got that same recommendation for the Nexus on another board too.

promoman9

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
So.... I just got my GNex around an hr ago. First impression is very good. The screen is very nice, best I've seen, easily. So far it is very fast with no lag time switching between anything. Its going to take me a little while to get used to android over webos, but it is similar enough the transition so far is easy. The sound quality on it is really, much better than i expected. I haven't made a phone call yet, not something I do much of... so far so very good.

TRENDING THREADS