Which best bang for my buck for a PC 5.1 Surround System ?

bestofcomputer

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2004
I need a very good quality 5.1 surround system for my PC, but for a reasonable price.
I am hesitating between 3 models :
- Creative MegaWorks THX 550
- Logitech THX Z5500
- Altec Lansing VS3151R
Which one is the best, from your advice ?
Otherwise which other system would you suggest to me ?
Thanks.

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
Personally, I have found the best 5.1 sound system for a PC to be a $110 Sony or other brand 110wattx2 reciever with Dolby, and a pair of Bose 201's for speakers.
Add more if desired, but I am over 5.1 and 2.1 rocks!
Substitute brand of reciever and speakers with your preference, you will be amazed, and the price/performance compared to a PC system speaker set package is amazing, plus you get multiple inputs and mucho more power, and as a plus, expandablity!

bestofcomputer

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2004
Thanks for comment.
You are perfectly rigth that a full 5.1 hifi system is much better than a PC 5.1 system.
But, in that case, I can tell you that there is much better that a Sony, and some Bose, out there, and still for a reasonable price !
After many researches, I have come to the conclusion that the best bang for your money in 5.1 hifi system would be :
- A/V Tuner Hifi 5.1 Amplifier/Receiver : NAD T753
- 5.1 Hifi Speakers : JMLab Focal Chorus
Because, between you and me, japanese stuff for receiver really sucks, and Bose is out of the question if you are a really good music lover !...
Anyway, I must repeat my question, because I would still like to know what is the best PC 5.1 system, for example, if I feel incomodated into investing in a full Hifi 5.1 system (receiver + speakers) :
So, which one is the best for the best price, could someone tell me more about that :
- The THX Creative mentionned above ?
- The THX Logitech mentionned above ?
- The Altec Lansing mentionned above ?
- Any other suggestion, folks, thanks.
Thanks.

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
This is getting off topic haha.
I would probably lean towards the Logitech Z5500 for games (more boom from the sub, although it is a bit unfocused), and Megaworks 550 for music.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I need a very good quality 5.1 surround system for my PC, but for a reasonable price.
I am hesitating between 3 models :
- Creative MegaWorks THX 550
- Logitech THX Z5500
- Altec Lansing VS3151R
Which one is the best, from your advice ?
Otherwise which other system would you suggest to me ?
Thanks.

GET THE LOGITECH THX Z5500,it is awesome!! ..My uncle is really into stuff like this and he bought the Logitech THX Z5500 and loves it, my brother already owns a $2000 sytem and once he heard these at my uncles house he also bought it....they both say it was definitly worth the money!