which brand would be best out of this?

tomeryaul

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
MSI gt72
ASUS g751
Alienware 17

i am open to customizing it to my needs (if needed)
i will order it with
1TB storage hard drive
32GB RAM
17"
my budget is around 3000$

which one is better MSI, ASUS or DELL?

i read that ASUS in the g750 series had build issues like USBs not working properly and such. if it's the same with the g751 series that's a major issue.
alienware can be easily self customized but expensive (least "bang for buck"). plus i find the way they look amazing but i don't consider that a factor in the decision.
and with MSI i'll have support issues due to the fact they don't have a costumer service in my country. but if they have a very high rate of not having issues with laptops right out of the box then i got no problem taking that risk.

thoughts? tips? personal preferences? first hand experience? other? all is welcomed.
i am not just looking for "pick this" or "pick that". i want to hear others and i'll be making my own conclusions later on. but for now lets discuss :)

random5

Estimable
Apr 1, 2014
guys like alienware,razer,steelseries,turtlebeach,apple are ripping people off in middle of white day,their "products" if we can call em so are extremely overpriced.

As for MSI/ASUS,both are well established brand giants around here.Personal opinion would be MSI,just because they're doing BIOS the way I wanna see it and always toss in more features and/or free software than any other tech-giant out there.but just personal opinion, you can go for ASUS.

tomeryaul

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
i don't know if i'd put apple in that list. yes they are extremely expensive but i always considered them separate from all others with their own designs and market.
alienware is a separate line but its still a product out from DELL. and DELL is a brand giant also.
as far as the others they are simply brand new when you compare them to the history of the above brand giants. plus turtlebeach are more about sound specifically then computers.

i actually like MSI but i am still searching the internet to see their track records, and with ASUS i won't make a move until i know that the G751 doesn't have the same problems as the G750. but all i come up with are G750 stuff.