Which custom laptop seller and laptop brands would you recommend or not recommend?

AkselBen

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
I plan on buying a custom gaming laptop for college (U.S.) in the range of $2000-$2500 and I was wondering a few things. I'd like to decide the specs on my own and I have an Idea of what I want spec-wise (Intel i7, Nvidia GTX 880m, 1920x1080, 16GB ram, Primary SSD 256GB, Secondary HDD 1TB, and maybe room for more storage, Bluray Player). I'd like the laptop to last me maybe 4 years.

Which seller would you recommend or not recommend?

• XoticPC
    Origin Pc
    iBuypower
    CyberpowerPC
    Power Notebooks
    Or other sellers
This is what I'm having the most trouble with since they all offer similar features(Although XoticPC does stand out to me for some reason).

Which Laptop brand would you recommend or not recommend?

• ASUS
    Alienware
    MSI
    GIGABYTE
    LENOVO
    CLEVO / SAGER
    Or other brands
I may be wrong but it seems like ASUS and MSI offer the best features and Alienware isn't that good quality-wise.

Thanks in advance.

For custom build, Origin PC. From what I've heard the rest have a bad reputation.

Gigabyte I like, (I have a gigabyte laptop) however even though they are high quality and reliable, they get HOT!

Asus is the best for a heavy but super cool and high quality gaming laptop, however it isn't something that feels comfy on your lap.

MSI is the one I'd get, they have tons of selections, reliable, and pretty good cooling.