Which gaming laptop is better for the money.

mongkeyz

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Hi all,

I'm currently looking into buying a laptop that has some good gaming ability for when I'm away from my rig. I have a friend that is offering me his old asus for $600 (specs below). But I've also looking at a MSI CX61 281AU for $880. Unfortunately laptops are very expensive in Australia. I'd mostly be playing elder scrolls online and titanfall like games. I want to know which would be better in terms of bang for buck and if I would have any issues playing these kinds of games on either. I'd prefer higher resolution and better graphics but my limit is about $900 aud. Any other suggestions would b appreciated too =)

Asus N53SV-SX581V
I7-2630qm
8gb
Gt540m 1gb ddr3

MSI CX61 281AU
I7-4702mq
8gb
Gt740m 2gb ddr3

Thanks in advance.

jrlawson

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
Between these two choices I would go for the newer MSI laptop. Lifespan is a huge issue with laptops, and having the newer one will allow you to use for a longer amount of time. The cpu and gpu are also both more powerful, therefore you will also gain in the performance department. Sadly I cannot provide any alternatives as I do know know the prices of laptops in Australia, though I do know they are inflated.

mongkeyz

Honorable
May 14, 2013
I thought I'd get an answer like that haha. Thanks for your help. Just out if curiosity, do you have any experience with the either of the above video cards? I believe them to be the defining factor and just wanted to see if you had any experience?

mongkeyz

Honorable
May 14, 2013

Haha. Funny you should mention that model. I've looked all over and it's not available on Australia. I was actually planning on waiting for when I go to US for holiday but I wanted pc sooner. Thanks

jubih

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

try ebay?