Which gaming laptop is better? Please help me decide.

jaypeeb421

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I have narrowed down my choices to these two laptops. Please tell me which one is better and why? I only play dota2. (for now) I want to play it on high settings and also I might want to plug this in to a 23 inch monitor.

CHOICE A:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y510p/#techspecs

CHOICE B:
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/N550JK/specifications/

If you can suggest a better one aside from the two I provided, I would love to hear what you have to say.

no, that's completely wrong.
the SLI version of option one is far more powerful than option 2.
however option one has severe heating problems, you'd have to buy a cooling pad to get by.
then people have complained about bugs with the SLI drivers.
plus nvidea optimus is disabled with this 2 card configuration, so you're battery life for option 1 goes completely out the window. With option 2, you'll get 5 hours of net surfing, or around that mark.
furthermore option 2 has a far nicer screen and much better build quality.
you'll be able to play Dota 2 at max settings I would think, with either of them at 75+ fps. at 1080

pcbuilder1997

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I have the y510p, the SLI drivers aren't that buggy. and battery life is decent. Lenovo's build quality is the best i have seen in the last 5+ years. lenovo is also very nice with returns and support. I would highly recommend the y510p. The laptop is really nice and if you go all out with the i7 version, it performs beautifully.
The thing rocks.
best of luck,
~J

jaypeeb421

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I will most likely go with the Lenovo then since it is cheap here compared to the other option I mentioned. I am just concerned with the heating issues. My room has AC will that be enough to cool it? I will mostly just play Dota 2 or Diablo 3 with that lappy.

Konayo

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014

It will definitely perform the best out of these 3 but it'll cost some bucks more.