Which headphones are better?

bkrish546

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
Hi. I have my eyes on 2 good headphones but im unable to choose which one to get. I listen to a lot of pop top 40 type songs and im drawn between the sennheiser urbanite XL and the Audio Technica ATH-M40x. The audio technica is £56 and sennheiser £52, but the quality is pretty similar and the RRP of the sennheiser ones are £150 and the audio technica ones for £112. Which pair of headphones have better quality and which one would you recommend? I care a bit about looks but if it means a significant performance drop, no thanks.

Thanks

Solution
I'd go for the Sennheiser headphones just because of their reputation alone. After a little reading, I gather that Sennheiser is better for over the ear headphones and audio technica are better for in ear headphones. Hope that helps :). Generally though. They are both great brands and despite the technology, it's just down to personal preference mostly.

hypogogic

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
I'd go for the Sennheiser headphones just because of their reputation alone. After a little reading, I gather that Sennheiser is better for over the ear headphones and audio technica are better for in ear headphones. Hope that helps :). Generally though. They are both great brands and despite the technology, it's just down to personal preference mostly.

Solution