which is the current best antivirus for gaming ?

abuzz

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
hello,
recently i am having some problem with my pc that is mainly for gaming but the problem is
i am seeing some minor problems going on with my pc like, web pages opening without any clicks,
folders are creating by themselves any many more of kind. so i was using microsoft security essential on my windows 8.1 but its somehow not cleaning many of the bugs. so please tell me an
antivirus which will not slowdown my pc in anyway and which is lightweight and which will not reduce my fps while gaming.
thanks.

Powerbolt

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I'm not an avid believer in the current market of anti viruses. They're all very heavy, slow, subscription based, and don't get the job done near as well as I'd like. This is applicable, but not limited to: TrendMicro, McAfee, AVG, Avast, etc.

That being said there are a few lesser known, but invariably more powerful and lightweight AV-based programs.

MalwareBytes: MalwareBytes is very quick, lightweight, and does an excellent job of sweeping miscellaneous infections. It can act as a lightweight AV with a one time purchase, after a 30 day trial. I've used it as my only active AV for a few years now and it does a superb job of blocking malicious incoming/outgoing connections to my PC.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Spybot S&D: This one supplements an active AV for better protection. It's strong point in infection removal is high profile viruses, and tracking cookies of sorts. It scans for big names in the Malware world, whatever they may be, but picks up a good amount of tracking cookies and other some such software as well.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

Both are good and light. Additionally they're fairly low profile processes so you won't see much of them unless you start poking around infected sources. However, if you managed to pick up a virus they would certainly let you know. Between the both of them they do a pretty good job of cleaning up any infections. I've not had a chance to put them to the test recently (which is a good thing), but they've definitely served me well in the past.

abuzz

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
so as a gamer i too think antivirus are not upto the mark , so i think i will try you given suggestion and will see whether it will do or not , thanks for you suggestion. :)