which laptop can take this upgrades.

malcolmflockaveli

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
I Have the following hardware:Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW),4 SK Hynix 16gb DDR4 Laptop Ram PC4 (64gb ram)and 1 tb of internal hdd laptop drive. This hardware is from my lenovo y900 17isk. I would like to know which low budget laptop i can buy that will take up all of this hard ware.

Solution
Yeah, typically only 17.3" laptops will have 4 RAM slot, but not all of them, only the higher end models.

PCIe NVME is not a feature you are going to find in a "budget" laptop.

cdrkf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013

The problem you are going to face is this: Budget laptops generally only support 2 ram slots (very cheap models often only have 1!), only have 1 drive bay and probably don't have an M2 port... I guess how 'budget' do you need to go? Your best option might be to look for a (fairly recent) second hand high end laptop...

So you are looking for a low budget laptop that has 4 memory slots and an m.2. m key slot to support NVME drive.
That would be none.

Only new 2016/2017 high end laptops will even have an m2 slot that can take NVME drives like the 960.
I am astonished that any laptop had 4 upgrade slots, just having 2 sockets is amazing for today's systems.
Anything that is not an ultraportable will be able to take a 2.5" drive.

Also FYI, it helps to state an actual dollar amount for "low budget" as for one person low budget means $200 and for another it means <$1000.

I would suggest searching for what laptops support the 960, then just see if you get lucky on it having 4 ram slots.

cdrkf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013

A lot of the 17" 'desktop replacement' laptops support 4 ram slots (for example things like the recent 17" alienware models)- though none of those fall into a typical 'budget' category :p