Which laptop should I buy ? (Dell/HP)

SP24

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
So the next week I'm going to buy a laptop as I'm going to need it for college and I can't decide between these 2 laptops, the Dell Inspiron 7559 and HP Pavilion 15t and keep in mind that I'm from Romania so I'm going to buy it from here. Just wanted a little bit of advice on which one I should buy.

So, the versions available for me to buy here in Romania for both laptops
Dell (Full HD, i7 6700HQ, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD - 5400 RPM, 960m 4GB)
HP (Full HD, i7 6700HQ, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD - 7200 RPM + 128 GB SSD, 960m 4GB)

Ok, so there are 3 things that interest me the most in choosing the right laptop:

Performance - this is the most important thing, I know that HP has a slight advantage because of the SSD and even the HDD is faster than the one on the Dell, but still, usually there's a big difference between on what's on the paper and in the real world and consider that I might upgrade the Dell with an SSD later.

Temperature and cooling - Ok, at least from what I know, this is also a big factor for the performance and from what I have heard, the Dell might have the better cooling system here, and I don't really know how good the one on the HP is, so, if you could tell me that'd be great.

Screen - So both of them are 1080p IPS Panels, not the greatest, I know, but still, from these two, which one would be better, from what I have seen on some Youtube reviews, the one on the Dell might be a little bit, just a little bit better.

Anyway, which one do you guys think I should buy ? (Btw, don't recommend me to buy a Lenovo Y700 or an ASUS ROG, just tell me which one of these two)

Solution
Performance- Really depends on what you are doing i.e. Gaming, 3D rendering, facebooking etc.... since it's the same Proc. I don't know if there would be much difference really.I would just make sure it meets the spec. requirements for whatever you would be using it for.

Temps: HP's are known and famous for having heat issues. The whole DV line was Crap. The main issue with HP is consistently low quality from their consumer laptops. They are made to be disposable basically. Not to mention their customer support for consumer equipment is abysmal.
Unless you were going to spend big money on an HP Elitebook, which would offer better support and much better quality, I would stay away from HP all together personally.

Screen: I would...
Really it comes down to personal preference and price. The HP would be faster with the 7200RPM HD and 128gb SSD drive. Otherwise they are both pretty much identical. Personally speaking, as a technician and computer store owner, Dell's usually tend to have less issues and are easier to work on and find parts for, HP's tend to have more issues. But again, really in the end, it's your preference.

SP24

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

The thing is that I would be satisfied with any of these two, but I wanted to know how the real world performance is, because sometimes there are a lot of laptops that look good on paper, but when you actually use them, they are not that great anymore and I didn't want one of them to be something like that and regret it later.

Performance- Really depends on what you are doing i.e. Gaming, 3D rendering, facebooking etc.... since it's the same Proc. I don't know if there would be much difference really.I would just make sure it meets the spec. requirements for whatever you would be using it for.

Temps: HP's are known and famous for having heat issues. The whole DV line was Crap. The main issue with HP is consistently low quality from their consumer laptops. They are made to be disposable basically. Not to mention their customer support for consumer equipment is abysmal.
Unless you were going to spend big money on an HP Elitebook, which would offer better support and much better quality, I would stay away from HP all together personally.

Screen: I would have to say to get an honest comparison, you would need the actual model number of the screens used in each unit and then run a comparison on the number. Screens are basically relative to what the customer prefers. it's like with a keyboard style or what type of DVD drive it has ( slot vs. drawer ) it's one of those things you would really have to see in person to decide if you like one over the other.

Solution

sharonpope

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
I recently bought HP Elitebook 8570p i5, it is a great laptop for day to day work, I am not a gamer so I can't comment about graphics and such stuff but it has AMD Radeon 7570M installed. Tthe battery is however is not what I expected, might get better after charge cycles.