Which new headset to buy?

Macanno

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016
I know a pair or headphones and a separate mic is much better but I need a mic that blocks out the noise from my mechanical switches. I'm always being given out to in ts or discord for the noise. I'm interested in the gsp 300 or the g633 and they advertise a "noise cancelling mic" which sounds like something I need.

Solution
Well you could probably keep your current headset if you just turn down your mic sensitivity on the software itself. You can change this in both TS and Discord.
You can change your input sensitivity on discord in the voice settings.
In ts3 the option is in Settings->Options->Capture.
Try changing this slider so that your mic doesn't activate to your keyboard only your voice.

HappyGamer99

Estimable
May 27, 2015
Well you could probably keep your current headset if you just turn down your mic sensitivity on the software itself. You can change this in both TS and Discord.
You can change your input sensitivity on discord in the voice settings.
In ts3 the option is in Settings->Options->Capture.
Try changing this slider so that your mic doesn't activate to your keyboard only your voice.

Solution

alex.loll.001

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
You could buy the Steelseries Arctis 5 which are 100 dollars. I own them and the sound quality and isolation is great. They come with a very clear mic and the sound blocking is awesome. The cans are padded with a very comfy (fabric?) so you can leave them on for hours without your ears hurting. You can tune the settings in Steelseries engine. The headphones can be used with both a 3.5 mm jack and usb. There are also lots of other features, just google the headphones. Hope this helps.