Solved! Which one is best between acer predator helios 300 or Msi gv62 7rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepesh0

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
Acer predator helios 300 with i5 7th gen 128gb ssd and 1 tb hdd 1050ti graphics and other side msi gv62 7rd with i7 7th gen 1 tb hdd 1050 graphic and empty slot for ssd

Solution

U should go for msi because predator 300 cooling it's not 2way as both the pipes are connected to gpu and cpu and reaches to one sided dual fan which are together...colling is not good in acer while gaming ...the keyboards heats upto 90 degree so go for msi and it is coming with 2 year warranty also .go for msi...

ankit01raj

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

U should go for msi because predator 300 cooling it's not 2way as both the pipes are connected to gpu and cpu and reaches to one sided dual fan which are together...colling is not good in acer while gaming ...the keyboards heats upto 90 degree so go for msi and it is coming with 2 year warranty also .go for msi...

Solution

ankitsin4

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

There's no point in buying the MSI 55K variant if you plan to invest in SSD. A 128 GB SSD will cost enough to shoot the final price above 60K. IDK, better go for MSI 7RE (67K) variant for it, alongside the ssd, also comes with 1050Ti which makes significant difference.

ukukrishna

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017

U r right, but now my budget is tight. So Bought MSI 7RD..btw 128gb ssd SATA is around 3k in amazon,which I may buy after few months... Now planning to upgrade ram to 16gb.. Any suggestions for it? Ddr4 2400mhz!

ankit01raj

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

U r not getting the thing it's cooling process is not good and ssd's are not our necessity,we can add it later if needed.we are getting i7 7th gen processor and 1050 4gb and 1050 ti 4gb has a slight difference which can be ignored if u are getting a better processor at this price..

ankit01raj

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

Saying in comparison of acer predator helios 300 and msi 7re is costing 67 which is way far than my budget.

ankitsin4

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

so guys what should be the final verdict for I too have to choose between the two.
My concerns purchasing the MSI is poorer build quality, less battery life and very less no of service centers (above it, carry in warranty unlike onsite in acer).

On the other hand, Acer does seem to have heating problems.
any suggestions on what should I finally go for?

ankit01raj

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1765745/msi-laptop-build-quality.html
And heating is one of the major issue which one doesn't want in his/her laptop...

ankitsin4

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion.
What's your say on warranty however?
I reside in Jaipur and the nearest MSI service center is in Delhi. At my workplace in Coimbatore, the nearest service center is about 600Kms away at Chennai or Bangalore. Is the tradeoff worth it?

Plus, though heating is an issue with the Helios, it never seems to cross safe levels in the stress test.
Also, the MSI laptops too have had heating issues:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE72VR-6RF-Apache-Pro-Notebook-Review.189916.0.html#toc-emissions

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GS60-Ghost-Pro-3K-Edition-2PEWi716SR21-Notebook-Review.118569.0.html#toc-emissions

Since the product is new and there aren't much reviews available, MSI may have similar issues as well. Though, the design seems better than Acer.

ankit01raj

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

See my friend is using a msi gaming laptop model i dont remember but yaeh it has mid specs and said me to blindly go for msi there is no such thing called cheap build quality,msi can use metal but suing metal will increase it's weight which one doesn't want and yeah service centre is an issue i have two near my house so i went for msi..
As per my knowledge the people at msi service centre said there aren't much issue in the newer builds of msi which previous one had..
But you my friend have a prblm there ......of not having nearby service centre

gautamgonnarock

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.