Which one of these are better?

amadeok

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Hello,
I'd like to buy one of these notebooks, maily for light gaming,
15,6 Clevo p650se i7-4870hq di RAM 8gb GTX 970m
5,6 Clevo w650kk1 i5-6600k 8gb GTX 1050ti SSD 120gb HDD 500gb
ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580VN Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Ram 8GB Hard Disk 1TB NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB
CLEVO - P640HK1 i7-7700HQ DDR4 2xHDD (M.2+Sata7mm) GTX 1050Ti 4GB 14" FullHD IPS

How can a notebook have the i5-6600k?

Thanks

Solution
It depends on the specifics of the laptop.

A desktop CPU in a laptop typically means you can also upgrade it in future.... buying some extra time with it.
It doesn't guarantee the cooling solution is sufficient though, so it can be problematic.

For me; no. I can't think of any situation where a desktop CPU would be "worth it".
If you want a laptop, typically, you want portability and some battery life.
If you want desktop-class components (outside of a GPU in 2018 anyway), a desktop is the way to go.

A laptop processor will typically operating the in <40W range at load.... potentially lower.
A desktop CPU, like the 6600K is a 91W part.

You'd be dramatically impacting battery life (negatively), negating the only real...
Clevo are an ODM. They design laptops (probably other things too), and sell them themselves + sell them to vendors to be rebadged.

Desktop class CPUs have been available in bespoke laptops for years, but the required cooling tends to results in either a bulky laptop, sufficient to cool the chip.... or a pretty hot running laptop.

amadeok

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

Thanks for reply, yes but which one is better? in particular between the one with the i5 6600k and the i7700qh? Id like one that would last in time ie that doesnt fail.

amadeok

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

I see and would it be a good idea to buy a laptop with a desktop cpu?

It depends on the specifics of the laptop.

A desktop CPU in a laptop typically means you can also upgrade it in future.... buying some extra time with it.
It doesn't guarantee the cooling solution is sufficient though, so it can be problematic.

For me; no. I can't think of any situation where a desktop CPU would be "worth it".
If you want a laptop, typically, you want portability and some battery life.
If you want desktop-class components (outside of a GPU in 2018 anyway), a desktop is the way to go.

A laptop processor will typically operating the in <40W range at load.... potentially lower.
A desktop CPU, like the 6600K is a 91W part.

You'd be dramatically impacting battery life (negatively), negating the only real benefit of a laptop.

Solution

amadeok

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

I see thanks and have you had any experience with Clevo notebooks? Are they resilient good quality? How good are they compared to the famous marks ie Asus, Hp, ect?