Which one of these two is better for gaming?

Logiskull

Estimable
May 26, 2015
I want a laptop for college and Gaming and these are the two laptops that are within my budget (950 USD):

HP pavilion 15-ab032tx notebook (840 USD)

And

Lenovo Z50-70 (59-429607) notebook (850 USD)

The main difference betweeen them is that the HP laptop has
5th generation i5 processor
And
GeForce 940m (2GB) graphics card
whereas, The Lenovo laptop has
4th generation i5 processor
And
GeForce 840m (4GB) graphics card

Please tell me which one of them is better for gaming. I will try to play some high end games like GTA 5 on medium to high settings.

Solution
They both will be just about the same speed, GTA V will be on low settings in either one. You need to go up a notch or 2 for medium settings at playable frame rates, 850 or 860 video card. For smooth medium and up speeds, you are looking at about a $1,200 - $1,400 laptop.

BigBadBeef

Estimable
May 30, 2014

And I want to lick peanut butter off my girlfriend's belly, but that ain't happening either. A gaming laptop? There is no such thing!

Whatever approximations out there that have been declared as gaming laptops are about as valid as putting a yugo engine in a ferrari and calling it a race car.

For the same money you can get yourself a micro-ATX system that will embarass these rubbish options presented to us and still have enough left over for a 15" monitor and a briefcase, granting the same portability as a laptop would.

They both will be just about the same speed, GTA V will be on low settings in either one. You need to go up a notch or 2 for medium settings at playable frame rates, 850 or 860 video card. For smooth medium and up speeds, you are looking at about a $1,200 - $1,400 laptop.

Solution