Question Which one should I choose ?

Jul 21, 2019
Hey everyone !

So I'm gonna go to a school for 3d animation / video games and I need a powerful gaming laptop in order to pursuit my studies.
After a bunch a research I found 2 laptops that got my attention : the MSI GS65 8RE-222FR Stealth Thin and the Asus Strix3-G-G731GU-EV038T for both the same price of 1800 Euros.

The main difference is that the MSI is a 15 inches laptop that is slimmer and lighter and the Asus is heavier but has a bigger screen (17 inches) and a better GPU (Gtx 1660ti vs a Gtx 1060).

I'm gonna use this laptop mainly for gaming and 3D modeling/animation so my question is : What laptop should I get between these two ? If you have better laptops for less than 2000 Euros / Dollars feel free to share them.

Thanks in advance everyone!

PS : sorry if my English isn't perfect, as you can probably guess by now I'm French.

Jul 21, 2019
Hey!

Maybe this will help you make a decision MSI GS65 8RE vs Asus ROG G731GU. As you can see, the Asus G731GU has newer generation components at the cost of battery life, but the most important thing that puts the Asus at the top are the temperatures. The MSI gets really hot during prolonged heavy usage and it throttles.

Hope this helps!

Hi !
Thanks for the response!
Perfect ! Temperature was one of my main concern. I think I'm gonna go with the Asus even though it's heavier.
Again thank you, your response really helpt me and have a great day/night !

Last edited by a moderator: